Royal Mail Postage Price Increase

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I'm sure a lot of you will have heard about the pending price increase of up to 40% on Royal mail postage prices, this comes in the effect at the end of April, at the moment I add 55p to postage price to cover packing costs, I will look at lowering this when the price changes happen to try and absorb some of this ridiculous price hike, the table below is a current price vs new price

WeightCurrent PriceNew Price
100g£1.58£2.70
250g£1.96£2.70
500g£2.48£2.70
750g£3.05£2.70
1001-1250g£3.71£4.30
1251-1500g£4.90£6.50
1501-1750g£5.66£7.40
1751-2000g£6.42£8.30
2001-4000g£7.18£10.30

I would say an average parcel I send is round the 500g mark so it's only 22p more than what you would pay now and you can go up to 1kg for the same price so it's not all bad, the shop calculates the postage based on weight and it's quite accurate, if you need to order anything that could be quite heavy now is the time to do it.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ouch! What about air-mail, will it be cheaper for me to come and collect in the future???

Ian M

D

dubster72

You could start to suspect that the Government wants to put us off using the Royal Mail so they can see it off...... ;)

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Ouch! What about air-mail, will it be cheaper for me to come and collect in the future???Ian M
I haven't compared airmail yet, but it's usually cheap compared to the distance it has to go

\ said:
You could start to suspect that the Government wants to put us off using the Royal Mail so they can see it off...... ;)
Royal mail have been given the go ahead to set their own prices, it could be their down fall, I will have to look at carriers for larger orders.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've worked out that on the price change will increase the average order by 7p more details can be found here

K

Keith9657

\ said:
I think Royal Mail are trying to see themselves off. My last order from John is a good example. I got the usual 'Your order has been sent' email from John and thumbs up as usual. Four days later, I found a red card from Royal Mail saying the parcel it was too big to be delivered and arranged for redelivery, the earliest being 48 hrs later. When the order arrived, their definition of 'too big' was 9.5 x 6 x 6 inches! I'm sure I've seen them use vans in the past... Maybe the 1:72 FW190 tipped it over the edge for them. I suspect though that the post man just couldnt be arsed to deliver it as the card showed they had had it in the depot for two days before they decided to card me.

Keith

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I'm sure by now everyone will know that Royal Mail price increase took effect today, I have to put my prices up from 12pm Saturday, unfortunately it will cost as much to post one bottle of vallejo paint as it will to post 14 or 10 jars of Tamiya Mini acrylics, but the good news is that between 500g and 1Kg you shouldn't really notice a difference in price, don't forget there is also 2nd class if your not in a rush.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Somebody has got to pay my wages...and for the price and the distance... And fuel price increase...and emails taking business off us...and it's a he'll of a lot more by courier and with the one that I use for my protein if u miss them twice they charge you an extra delivery charge... that's me done now wheres my black and White cat

Geegad

D

dubster72

If the Royal Mail didn't waste so many rubber bands, prices would be cheaper! ;)

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Band balls are not a waste well the managers don't see it that way but I've got to find something to do

Geegad:bounce: