Saint George.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
stunning painting Ralph how you get so much life and wear in his face is amazing,

the tail,looks great with the death of color,and either way the cloth on the horse looked good, to me, ;)

looking to see how you do get the hoof color,looks like an earth as a base but maybe wrong,:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
stunning painting Ralph how you get so much life and wear in his face is amazing,
the tail,looks great with the death of color,and either way the cloth on the horse looked good, to me, ;)

looking to see how you do get the hoof color,looks like an earth as a base but maybe wrong,:rolleyes:
Thanks so much for the kind words Monica:smiling3:.

For the hooves I used Vallejo WW1 Beige.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Really nice work so far Ralph;) (what else is new? :D ) Coming along beautifully.................Jim:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Really nice work so far Ralph;) (what else is new? :D ) Coming along beautifully.................Jim:smiling3:
Thanks for the nice comments Jim:smiling3:.

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
coming along very nicely,liking the look of the amour,do like the black,tone to it,
the cloth looks good,and like how your done the staining along the bottom,very nice progress so far, ;)
\ said:
Today I have been working on the figure's face and hair.
Also work on the horse tail, and parts I perceive to be metal, given a coat of silver(another coat needed).Also started on the base colour for the hooves.

View attachment 151202 View attachment 151203 View attachment 151204 View attachment 151205
It all looks amazing Ralph ,the armour looks like the real deal .
Brilliant work

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
It looks totally different now it's been matted down even better this is coming along great guns
Thanks for the lovely comments Ian:smiling3:.

Definitely much better matted down,trouble is it picked up my mistakes,but can easily be covered with a bit of dirt/dust.

D

Deleted member 4539

I decided the chest armour was crap,so I tried something else and that was crap also.

So I have took a different approach and I'm going to leave it until tomorrow.

First Name
Robert
Well I had to go back a few steps ( catch up on the machine ) the suit of armour is just stunning and I wish really I could get metal finishes like that ( really is sublime

Now the horse the horse my kingdom for a hors..... I know enough!!

The horse is just stunning beyond belief ( I am really impressed with the life you bring to these figures

Outstanding work

Robert

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking very nice Ralph,do like the tone with the bridle,and saddle,against the

chestnut , ;)