Scania R620 - militär design

First Name
Charles
Scania R620 - military design

I have been working on a military design Scania R620 for some time, as my interest has always been 1/35 scale military vehicles. I decided I wanted to try and build one in 1/24 scale.

I must say that this particular Italeri kit is very good. The chassi of this particular model is beautiful. It looks almost like it came out of a Batman film. You'll see what I mean when you look at my pics. The constructions went well but the fittings could have been better. Regardless, the build went smoothly. Some irretations here and there but nothing too major.

Hope you enjoy the pics so far. I am 99% done.

Last edited by a moderator:

AFC

First Name
Andre
great one! nice details and paint work...

btw...is that a Corn Flakes box? :D

First Name
Charles
\ said:
great one! nice details and paint work...btw...is that a Corn Flakes box? :D
No, it's a Bud's carton.

AFC

First Name
Andre
just saw the one on the windscreen...missed that one :D

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another smashing build Charles! The accessories you've put in the cab are wonderful. *****

Gern

D

dm73

I agree with Gern, another amazing truck build, very realistic and subtle weathering

A

andygh

I think he means the reflection in the windscreen:clap_1:

Lovely model, very understated and highly accurate

First Name
Charles
\ said:
I think he means the reflection in the windscreen:clap_1:
Aaaaahh. Now I see it. :smiling3: Yep. Cornflakes. Took the pic in the kitchen.

F

Fenlander

Great build and so good to see something different and so well done.

Is this a kit in that guise or have you converted a standard truck kit?

First Name
Charles
Hi and thanks for the comments. I took the standard Italeri R620 kit and made my own conversions.

F

Fenlander

wow, even better then. Really impressive. The base work is good to, the tightness of it enhances the height of the truck making it look even more imposing. Just shows what a simple base can do to add to a model.

First Name
Charles
\ said:
wow, even better then. Really impressive. The base work is good to, the tightness of it enhances the height of the truck making it look even more imposing. Just shows what a simple base can do to add to a model.
:smiling3: Thanks for that Fenlander. I plan on adding a tanker behind it when I find the one that I want.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice too Charles. your attention to detail is second to none and always makes your models stand out.

Well done,

Ron

First Name
Charles
Added more details to the tractor. Front mirror on the passenger side, Storage boxes, suzies, tools box etc. I still have to grease up the fifth wheel and add another detail...

First Name
Charles
I've managed to put together a trailer using the Italeri container kit by heavily modifying the parts and some scratch building to alter the appearance. The results of two versions are what you see below. I'm planning to add an open container or just leave it as is. Still working on it though. Needs some more details and some weathering.

My first try of modifying the Italeri kit which I later changed:

The present and final version of the trailer which I prefer to the first version:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi charles , congrats on a superb conversion, i love it. Great add ons in the cab too, MMMM cheetos!!, cheers tony