Scotties 3Ro

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not really a diorama but just a simple base. I added some spent cases on the ground from the spares box not the correct rounds for the gun but they are pretty close to size. Also added the scratched ammunition crate. In hind sight I think I should have had the gun pointing the other way but hey ho its done now.

DSCF3324.JPG

DSCF3325.JPG

DSCF3326.JPG

DSCF3328.JPG

thanks to all who followed along and took the time to comment or like.

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
I always think a base adds to a model. Yours is perfect. It is simple but really shows off your superb truck.
Jim

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is a beautiful piece, the model itself is exceptional and the base is amazing for, what at first glance, looks barren. Top drawer stuff Paul.

Reactions: JR

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
That is good - just think that if you'd put the gun the other way, it'd just show the shield, rather than all the work you've put in.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
If the gun was pointing the other way the blast would be over the ammo crate! Looks great the way it is Paul, very well done.
Pete

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Absolutely magnificent work Paul and the base brings it life! Sorry I haven't commented sooner, but I have been following this great build all along my friend. Another work of art from the house of Scottie. They just always get better and better Bro!!!

Prost
Allen

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Not really a diorama but just a simple base. I added some spent cases on the ground from the spares box not the correct rounds for the gun but they are pretty close to size. Also added the scratched ammunition crate. In hind sight I think I should have had the gun pointing the other way but hey ho its done now.

View attachment 448687

View attachment 448688

View attachment 448689

View attachment 448690

thanks to all who followed along and took the time to comment or like.

cheers
Scottie
Superb Scottie, lovin the cracked earth shell casings look fine to me! Nice one!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The BOMB!!! that is......fits like a glove Scottie.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
I always think a base adds to a model. Yours is perfect. It is simple but really shows off your superb truck.
Jim, thank you mate glad you like it.
That is a beautiful piece, the model itself is exceptional and the base is amazing for, what at first glance, looks barren. Top drawer stuff Paul.
Si, very kind of you thank you.
That is good - just think that if you'd put the gun the other way, it'd just show the shield, rather than all the work you've put in.
Gerry, Thank you mate I never thought of that ;)
If the gun was pointing the other way the blast would be over the ammo crate! Looks great the way it is Paul, very well done.
Pete
Pete, that's true thanks.
Absolutely magnificent work Paul and the base brings it life! Sorry I haven't commented sooner, but I have been following this great build all along my friend. Another work of art from the house of Scottie. They just always get better and better Bro!!!

Prost
Allen
Cheers Allen you always manage to make me blush with your kind words.
Superb Scottie, lovin the cracked earth shell casings look fine to me! Nice one!
Rob, thank you mate.
The BOMB!!! that is......fits like a glove Scottie.
Rick, thank you very much mate.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Paul , there's a committee meeting in the morning so look out !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
There you go Scottie..........it's official! Feel free to "Hang" out with the rest of the Award Winners!:tongue-out2::thumb2:;) Rick H.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry Paul, I commented on the finished model in your build thread, but forgot to view the model on it's base in 'Completed' - Until now.

It is terrific stuff. Weathered just right and on a simple, yet very effective base.

Coupled with excellent pictures, the whole piece is spot on.

Well done that lad!

Ron

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Uhh Paul, I think you better throw Neil a sandwich........He seems kinda hungry after a hard days work!!!...........
Happy to oblige .
Decided to call the meeting foreward Paul .

View attachment 448808
Matron was very impressed ! Congratulations.
Thanks John, the committee must be very busy with all the fine builds going on.
There you go Scottie..........it's official! Feel free to "Hang" out with the rest of the Award Winners!:tongue-out2::thumb2:;) Rick H.
Rick, I'm very proud to be a member mate.
Sorry Paul, I commented on the finished model in your build thread, but forgot to view the model on it's base in 'Completed' - Until now.

It is terrific stuff. Weathered just right and on a simple, yet very effective base.

Coupled with excellent pictures, the whole piece is spot on.

Well done that lad!

Ron
Thank you Ron very kind of you to say. As to the pictures I can't remember if I have asked you before where you get your backdrops from.
I'm amazed. It's the kind of model I could look at for hours.
Andrea
Andrea, thank you that is very nice of you to say.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hey Paul, can't believe I missed this one, love the cracked dried mud look and the model and modeling are in line with your phenomenal
skills. Love it!

Jim.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Paul, can't believe I missed this one, love the cracked dried mud look and the model and modeling are in line with your phenomenal
skills. Love it!

Jim.
Jim, thank you very much I appreciate the kind words.