Scotties Bergpanzer Buffalo.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi all,
I had a look through my stash of two kits lol, and decided on this one. It's the HobbyBoss Leopard Bergpanzer Buffalo. I don't normally do modern armour, but this was a Christmas present from my daughter and her partner.

It comes in a big box and I wont bore you with lots of sprue shots. That said the box contains 14 sprues moulded in a buff plastic the detail looks good and no flash to be seen. As well as the main sprues the hull comes in two halves upper and lower as you would expect. Also in the box 1 set of vinyl tracks, 1 sprue of polly caps for the wheels, I set of decals to portray a German or Canadian version. 2 small sheets of etch, 1 small sprue containing spare track links and finally 1clear sprue containing lenses and vision blocks etc.

The kit comes with a full interior of which virtually nothing will be seen. The kit comes with additional armour which cover the side access hatches so even less can be seen. The intention is to build this out of the box with maybe a few tweaks along the way.

DSCF4254.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
So - is it going to be the full blown German version, and of course you really will have to add tweaks, for instance looking at my set of instructions for it there has got to be the jib raised and the hook ready to pick up the engine (from Leopard Club) and they have a few more items to interest you.
Will take a seat and follow...
p.s. Mine is still in the stash.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks the part, Paul.
By the way, would you like me to send you one of the 'If it ain't seen, it don't get done' membership application forms?! ;)
Ron, you can mate but sometimes I do it just for the hell of it lol.
So it is a must build. Good choice anyway.

Oh yes - a few tweaks. A likely tale:rolling:
Jim, it will only be a few I promise.
You sure don't let the grass grow under your feet Paul !
Ron, youi have to strike while the mojo is strong mate.
I follow along, even though I'm slightly dubious about the OOB part :tongue-out3:
Your probably right to be dubious lol but hopefully there won't be a lot to do.
So - is it going to be the full blown German version, and of course you really will have to add tweaks, for instance looking at my set of instructions for it there has got to be the jib raised and the hook ready to pick up the engine (from Leopard Club) and they have a few more items to interest you.
Will take a seat and follow...
p.s. Mine is still in the stash.
Cheers Mike I will have to look this leopard club up.
I'm joining this one quickly, just for the few tweaks :smiling:
Good to have you along mate.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Your probably right to be dubious lol but hopefully there won't be a lot to do.
Count the slats on the exhaust grille on the hull rear. Hobby Boss Leopard 2 gun tanks have grilles with twelve slats when there should be eleven, but I don’t know if the Büffel kit is like that too.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Count the slats on the exhaust grille on the hull rear. Hobby Boss Leopard 2 gun tanks have grilles with twelve slats when there should be eleven, but I don’t know if the Büffel kit is like that too.
Don't start him off, you know how he likes to fiddle around and change things, he was the original that turned a pigs ear into a silk purse.....

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I was debating whether to mention it at all, but knowing he likes difficult bits to scratchbuild made me do it anyway ;)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jakko that is a long way away I haven't even looked at the slats yet but they may need a tweak lol.
Don't start him off, you know how he likes to fiddle around and change things, he was the original that turned a pigs ear into a silk purse.....
That is very kind of you mate but it is nothing compared with your current build.
I was debating whether to mention it at all, but knowing he likes difficult bits to scratchbuild made me do it anyway ;)
:tears-of-joy: :tears-of-joy:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The build has started. The lower hull has had the suspension arms and return rollers fitted and what I presume boggie blockers that can lock the suspension when lifting or towing.

DSCF4255.JPG

The road wheels have been built and the tires suitably beaten up.

DSCF4256.JPG

cheers
Scottie

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron

Attachments

• 900c6dc5150d520e5a24fb937fe25520.jpg
    900c6dc5150d520e5a24fb937fe25520.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 7

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Taking a peak…I got the slightly earlier version for steal (£55) - the interior is almost the same but the side doors can also be opened- this version is all enclosed by the armour pack. You still have 3 roof hatches to open - a fair bit will be seen I reckon.
Kudos to hobbyboss for doing the interior but I hear there are some dimensional issues - any way happy building!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Taking a peak…I got the slightly earlier version for steal (£55) - the interior is almost the same but the side doors can also be opened- this version is all enclosed by the armour pack. You still have 3 roof hatches to open - a fair bit will be seen I reckon.
Kudos to hobbyboss for doing the interior but I hear there are some dimensional issues - any way happy building!
The Interior does look pretty good. I may leave the added armour off so the side hatches can be left open. I will decide later.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Paul, watching this build with interest ready for when I start mine, such a pity they did not mould the doors on the extra armour pack open then we could have had more fun...

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The Interior does look pretty good. I may leave the added armour off so the side hatches can be left open. I will decide later.
Then it will become the earlier version that you could have bought;).

They are virtually the same (Bz3 vs Bz3a1) version aside from armour pack.

That being said it is an interesting looking sub-variant but there are no side doors on the a1. Access is through the top 3 hatches.

I still think you will be able to see enough interior to keep it interesting - although you may have to rework the rear hatch to model it open - strange though it seems they moulded a separate hatch but with fixed hinges in closed position!

Drivers compartment with floorboard lifted;

IMG_4314.jpeg