Scotties Finished Pinky.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
So you were gonna bin bin it, huh!!! Look at your own pics Bro...It's turned out to be an excellent Landy, even if Pink isn't driving it around. Your usual attention to the small details shines through in spades Paul. Chipping, weathering and CITB are first rate. The only thing that caught my (old) eyes was the front seat coverings. They (kinda) look like they came from the upholstery shop yesterday.......Top work Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

First Name
Andy
I have run out of superlatives for you work Paul so great, fantastic, brilliant, wonderful and superb will have to do.

Andy.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Terrific result Paul.
...and all that clobber!
Cracking work as ever.

Ron

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I am in complete agreement with JR and the Committee! A dam fine job you've done on this Mr. Scottie. Now that my peeps have settled down I can pore over this and take in all the finery that you have incorporated into this build.....well done! :thumb2: :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I like pictures Scottie especially finished kits. Love the loaded to the brim Pinky. Was expecting glaring pink but this isn't so bad. Great weathering.

Cheers,
Wabble

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Blooming lovely Mr S.Rinky dinky panther looks spot on.Love the subtle colours on her.
Top drawer fella.
Richard

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
So you were gonna bin bin it, huh!!! Look at your own pics Bro...It's turned out to be an excellent Landy, even if Pink isn't driving it around. Your usual attention to the small details shines through in spades Paul. Chipping, weathering and CITB are first rate. The only thing that caught my (old) eyes was the front seat coverings. They (kinda) look like they came from the upholstery shop yesterday.......Top work Sir!!!

Prost
Allen
Allen, Thank you mate I'm happy you like the end result and I'm glad I didn't bin it in the end although I came close. As to the seats they do look a bit clean but they were surprising robust.
I have run out of superlatives for you work Paul so great, fantastic, brilliant, wonderful and superb will have to do.

Andy.
Thank you mate that is very kind of you.
Terrific result Paul.
...and all that clobber!
Cracking work as ever.

Ron
Thank you Ron.
It has to be
View attachment 479482
Congratulations Paul, hope to see this when we manage to get to a show again !
John, thanks to the committee. It will be good to catch up again.
I am in complete agreement with JR and the Committee! A dam fine job you've done on this Mr. Scottie. Now that my peeps have settled down I can pore over this and take in all the finery that you have incorporated into this build.....well done! :thumb2: :thumb2:
Many thanks Rick.
I like pictures Scottie especially finished kits. Love the loaded to the brim Pinky. Was expecting glaring pink but this isn't so bad. Great weathering.

Cheers,
Wabble
Cheers Wabble, it does look better now the pink has been toned down a bit.
Utterly stunning as we have come to expect from this master!
Neil, thank you mate but I am no master.
Blooming lovely Mr S.Rinky dinky panther looks spot on.Love the subtle colours on her.
Top drawer fella.
Richard
Richard thank you appreciate it.
Brilliant work, very lived in look to it
Cheers Steve.
As said before, when you will think again of binning one of your builds, remember my bin! ;)

A wonderful result. :thumb2:
Andrea, thank you and yes no worries.
Beautiful
Cheers mate.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s definitely up to your usual standards. Not as pink as I (or Revell, apparently) had expected it to become, though :smiling3:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Absolutely superb Paul, I'm glad you pushed on with it.
Pete

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That’s definitely up to your usual standards. Not as pink as I (or Revell, apparently) had expected it to become, though :smiling3:
Thanks Jakko, I for one am pleased that it's not that pink. I think the Pink I used was more for aircraft than vehicles but It looks ok to my eyes.
Absolutely superb Paul, I'm glad you pushed on with it.
Pete
Thank you Pete, so am I.
Excellent work and an outstanding result, well done Sir
Garry, cheers mate very kind of you.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Took a few more pictures in daylight. I had also attached the front number plate and printed one for the back. I have mounted it on a very simple base which I think sets it off nicely.

I promise no more pictures :smiling:

DSCF3774.JPG

DSCF3775.JPG

DSCF3776.JPG

DSCF3777.JPG

DSCF3778.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Paul, I ended up humming Aerosmith's "Pink" while scrolling your last set of pictures.... :rolling:
An amazing model and the simple base you chose leaves the foreground to the model.