Scotties Humber Mk1

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Finally got the hull all buttoned up the fit was quite good with a little bit of wiggling about. A little filler was needed here and there. I'm glad I didn't go overboard on the interior as the vast majority cannot be see as only the top hatches and drivers hatch will be open. I have also made a start on the hull details. Before i do any more I think I will replace the hull welds.

DSCF2136.JPG

DSCF2137.JPG

DSCF2138.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
That looks good. Must be quite a small model. Bring on the paint.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Jim,
Lots to do yet before the paint. It is quite small next time I take a pic I will put something next to it for size.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Always liked this vehicle, looks much cooler than the more common Daimler Scout Car, if you ask me. You’re certainly doing it justice.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Always liked this vehicle, looks much cooler than the more common Daimler Scout Car, if you ask me. You’re certainly doing it justice.

Thanks Jakko, I have to agree it a nice looking vehicle

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dang Paul,

You messed around and closed the little fellow up. That must have hurt a bit my friend. All that hard work and you will hardly see any of it, but you have the satisfaction of knowing it is in there. Real nice so far with all the extra finery. Have you started painting up Michael Caine yet???

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dang Paul,

You messed around and closed the little fellow up. That must have hurt a bit my friend. All that hard work and you will hardly see any of it, but you have the satisfaction of knowing it is in there. Real nice so far with all the extra finery. Have you started painting up Michael Caine yet???

Prost
Allen

Hi Allen, Not to worried about the interior there should be enough to see if you look closely. Michael is still on the sprue :smiling3: Thanks for looking in fella.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Well it looks like you are off to a great start..love the eye candy on the interior..I know we’ll see the usual Scottie magic on this one..looking forward to watching this one

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well it looks like you are off to a great start..love the eye candy on the interior..I know we’ll see the usual Scottie magic on this one..looking forward to watching this one
Hi Joe good to see you again

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You may not see it Paul but we all know its there LOL. There's been a few times when I have put hulls together and had to remove some hard work to get it to fit. I'm so glad its worked out well for you. It's all down hill from here on in mate LOL

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Those welds look good. Using stretched sprue is a technique I have always failed with :rolling: Don't know what I'm doing wrong! I have settled on thin worms of Milliput. Trouble with Milliput is that as you work along the weld doing the texturing the worm stretches ahead of you. So you have to re-position the worm or only work in short lengths.
Anyway sob story over - bring on the bling.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Those welds look good. Using stretched sprue is a technique I have always failed with :rolling: Don't know what I'm doing wrong! I have settled on thin worms of Milliput. Trouble with Milliput is that as you work along the weld doing the texturing the worm stretches ahead of you. So you have to re-position the worm or only work in short lengths.
Jim
Hi Jim,
I can't get on with the milliput. I tried it again on this first before resorting to the sprue. I get half way through doing a length then it sticks to the scalpel and pulls the lot off. So I am probably doing it wrong.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I'm with you Paul. Can't get on with Milliput but fine with sprue. I use a heated blade to make the weld seam which prevents pulling off the sprue but creates it's own problems. Over to you JR LOL

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Scottie
Jim
Cement in place first so the cement softens the plastic, then either use a heated pin held in a drill chuck and work at it that way, or a pyrogravure, see I am now speaking French.....
Mike.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Scottie those welding details...wow that is something i can't wait to see MMOORE... ;) :smiling:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm with you Paul. Can't get on with Milliput but fine with sprue. I use a heated blade to make the weld seam which prevents pulling off the sprue but creates it's own problems. Over to you JR LOL
Steve, I will have to have a practice on an old kit with the worms.
Cement in place first so the cement softens the plastic, then either use a heated pin held in a drill chuck and work at it that way, or a pyrogravure, see I am now speaking French.....
Mike.
Mike, That's the way I do it with the sprue I will have to practice the putty method.
Scottie those welding details...wow that is something i can't wait to see MMOORE... ;) :smiling:
Thanks Greg they are far from perfect but hopefully they will look ok when painted.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Another method - Duro worms, smeared with a little petroleum jelly after sticking worm to model then piece of small bore metal tubing with the end cut to a C shape to press in welds

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Paul, the welds are nice, plenty of tips to pick up too.