Scotties RL

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I am calling this finished or at least as finished as I am going to do. I haven't added the tarp as it just doesn't fit!!!. I might not present this to the neighbour as I am not happy with it and that's not said to get responses I am genuinly not happy with the end result.

The wheel hubs have been scratched because yes you guessed it they were missing as well. One thing I am chuffed with is despite having to replace all the springs and hangers etc all four wheels sit perfectly.

Enough of the whinging here it is.

DSCF4097.JPG

DSCF4099.JPG

DSCF4100.JPG

DSCF4101.JPG

DSCF4102.JPG

thanks as always for following along and the great comments.

Scottie

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Scottie,
1. It's an Accurate Armour miscarriage.
2. Even a run up the wall would not improve it.
3. You have worked wonders on what in most cases would have been a door stop or holding up a shelf.
4. It saw the light of day.
5. And you have made a superb job of what you were given to work with.
6. I am sure your neighbour would be pleased to have it as a reminder of better days.
Well done on a job that drives many crazy - and I have the paperwork to prove it.
Mike.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Scottie,
3. You have worked wonders on what in most cases would have been a door stop or holding up a shelf.
6. I am sure your neighbour would be pleased to have it as a reminder of better days.
Well done on a job that drives many crazy - and I have the paperwork to prove it.
Mike.
what he said!
Give it to your neighbour, Paul, it's about what and who it represents, and unless that neighbour is an even better modeller as you(which, let's face it, is unlikely IN THE EXTREME, they will be dead chuffed!
Oh , and don't tell them you're not happy with it- It's bloody awseome!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Scottie, I think he'll like it unless you told him it was a Panzer...its not a Panzer right?...its got four wheels and a load of stuff that wasn't there in the first place and it doesn't look like a sows ear either. I can't even find where its gone wrong. Stop being critical...its blardy good.

Cheers,
Wabble

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looks just fine to me Scottie, a really good achievement given all the problems you had with it.
Pete

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If your neighbour isn't hyper-critical
The neighbour isn’t a modeller, as I recall, or even knowledgeable about the subject, so there certainly won’t be any criticism about how it could have been done better. In fact, I would hazard a guess that there also won’t be any appreciation of the amount of work that went into it — showing a Dinky Toys version of the RL (and claiming you made it) would probably get about the same response as this blood, sweat, and tears model.

Not trying to dash any hopes, but just being realistic :smiling3:

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Well Paul if it were mine, I would be happy as Larry with what you have achieved.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The Committee thought it was superb. Considering the battle you had with it from the start .Matron her self not one to utter complements at the best of times says it's
2020DB.jpg
With that being said it only remains to say Congratulations.
Who would argue with her ?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
If your neighbour isn't hyper-critical I'd say hand it over Scottie. It may not satisfy your high standards but it certainly captures the essence of the vehicle! I think you've done a great job in reworking the proverbial sow's ear!
Steve
Still looks a great build Paul, even with all the trouble you’ve had.
Well I think it's a cracking result Paul, especially given how much you've had to wring it into shape.
Despite the issues you've had it looks good. Your neighbour might be very happy with it.
Scottie,
Mike.
what he said!
Give it to your neighbour, Paul, it's about what and who it represents, and unless that neighbour is an even better modeller as you(which, let's face it, is unlikely IN THE EXTREME, they will be dead chuffed!
Oh , and don't tell them you're not happy with it- It's bloody awseome!
Scottie, I think he'll like it unless you told him it was a Panzer...its not a Panzer right?...its got four wheels and a load of stuff that wasn't there in the first place and it doesn't look like a sows ear either. I can't even find where its gone wrong. Stop being critical...its blardy good.

Cheers,
Wabble
Looks just fine to me Scottie, a really good achievement given all the problems you had with it.
Pete
Agreed with the gents, looks splendid from here :thumb2:
The neighbour isn’t a modeller, as I recall, or even knowledgeable about the subject, so there certainly won’t be any criticism about how it could have been done better. In fact, I would hazard a guess that there also won’t be any appreciation of the amount of work that went into it — showing a Dinky Toys version of the RL (and claiming you made it) would probably get about the same response as this blood, sweat, and tears model.

Not trying to dash any hopes, but just being realistic :smiling3:
Well Paul if it were mine, I would be happy as Larry with what you have achieved.
The Committee thought it was superb. Considering the battle you had with it from the start .Matron her self not one to utter complements at the best of times says it's
View attachment 496374
With that being said it only remains to say Congratulations.
Who would argue with her ?
A well deserved 'Dogs' even if you're not pleased with the end result Scottie. A cracking job - well done mate.
Agree with Papa John.Dogs danglies Paul.The green looks spot on.Turned out delightful in my opinion.
Rich

Many many thanks guys I am really chuffed with the feedback it means a lot. I gave this to my neighbour today and as you all said she was delighted. As she said it's a wonderful reminder or her late husband.