scratch build of blockade runner

B

baz

Hello every one the old guy is back once more after a little break, here is my latest model the blockade runner from star wars, all scatchbuilt as are all my models, she is about 3 feet long 12 inches wide at the rear and about 10 inches deep, the model has taken me over 6 months to build one of those models you wish you had not started it just seemed to go on and on. anyway here she is ready for a basic spray before going on display at TRANSPORT MODELS IN PRESTON LANCASHIRE , a great hobby shop the owner and all the stafff are so helpful and keep me supplied with all my model bits. please let me know what you think and do not hold back as any comments will help to make my next models better. 

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

DSCF4772.jpg

DSCF5085.jpg

DSCF5088.jpg

DSCF6961.jpg

DSCF6965.jpg

DSCF6968.jpg

DSCF6966.jpg

DSCF6974.jpg

DSCF8431.jpg

DSCF8436.jpg

DSCF8446.jpg

DSCF8713.jpg

DSCF8714.jpg

DSCF8715.jpg

DSCF8728.jpg

DSCF8731.jpg

DSCF8723.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Barrie  there's nothing to say anything bad about this build top work. I don't think I could have done it in 6 years never mind 6 months.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Again the master of plasticard delivers! Outstanding Barrie, super work!

"There'll be no escape for the princess this time..."

First Name
Gwyn
Fantastic work, kits don't give this much detail.

B

baz

thank you everyone for the kind comments, as you can see it lacks paint at the moment  ( not my strong subject ) I just love building, hopefully my next model will not take up so much time, I have not yet chosen what to do but rest assured it will be here as soon as it is completed.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
amazing and fantastic work,so much detail,and looks great, :smiling3:

B

baz

Thanks very much Monica, as they say the devil is in the detail and I will have to admit this one nearly beat me, I got to the stage where I could not stop adding bits thinking that I had missed something, but it looks quite well, now on to the next as they say.

did you get the images of the T34 tank I sent you if not I will post them on the military bit of the site if you want.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )