scratch built rebel transporter

B

baz

Hi everyone, as they said in the film THE FIRST TRANSPORT IS AWAY !   well not exactly here is my latest model a scratch built rebel transporter, I hope that some one out thee may like it, all scratch built from flat sheet and just a few tiny additions from my bits box.

she will soon be on here way to TRANSPORT MODELS OF PRESTON LANCASHIRE  where she will go on display.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

DSCF9784.jpg

DSCF9818.jpg

DSCF9825.jpg

DSCF9835.jpg

DSCF0147.jpg

DSCF0151.jpg

DSCF0157.jpg

DSCF0160.jpg

DSCF9966.jpg

DSCF9974.jpg

First Name
Mike
That's incredible 
eek_zps86d41972.gif

B

Builder

Wow baz. are those flat styrene sheets ? Whats the thickness of those? 

B

baz

Wow baz. are those flat styrene sheets ? Whats the thickness of those? 

Hello Bob,Mike Mooks Scott and BBDave,

thank you for the kind comments,YES they are flat sheet, as for the thickness, the thickest I use is 60 thou and the thinnest I use is 10 thou and all sizes 50-40-30 the most common one I use and 20.

on my bigger models all the main support structure is made from 60 thou and 40 thou to prevent warping and give the model a good strong base, then use thinner sheeting for the outer layers, then just get finer and finer. I like to build strong models as most people can not help themselves and have to touch a model or pick it up so I build strong.

hope this was helpful and not a bore,

regards Barrie ( the old boring guy )  the image is of one I made earlier, as they say on blue peter

DSCF9931_renamed_1286.jpg

First Name
barry
Great work Baz nice to see a scratch built model.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
just stunning work,Baz,amazed at how you do these,so much detail,lov the look of it, :D

B

baz

Thank you Monica and Barry for your kind comments, I must be some kind of model junkie I just can not stop building, I have been lucky enough to sell some of my models which gives me inspiration to build more and also provides the funds to buy yet MORE plastic card for model making, 

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

G

Graham D

The detail in the models is amazing.  Great scratch building