Screaming Eagle (complete)

P

Polux

Another interesting figure.

You are seriously searching the way to be a master of figures ;)

I'm sure you will do a great work like the others :smiling3:

Polux

D

dubster72

Looks like an interesting one John.

"They don't like it up 'em Captain Mannering! " ;)

Cheers

Patrick

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice John, this one looks to be an interesting figure as well is that mud or blood over his face ?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice looking kit John.

Bit of history which you might already know......

The Mohican haircut was worn by some American Paratroopers as a 'tribute' to the Canadians who lost their lives during the allied raid on the French port of Dieppe in August 1942.....Of the 6000 odd soldiers who landed, 60% were either killed, wounded or taken prisoner....all within 10 hours of landing.

Cheers,

Ron

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
\ said:
nice John, this one looks to be an interesting figure as well is that mud or blood over his face ?
Moni, it's neither, I think you'll find its war paint...allegedly to scare the enemy. A north American Indian tradition.

John, yet again I'll be watching this one...

Lee:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
as Ron said The Mohican haircut, and as you said its war paint ,but i like to think of it as blood ,lol :eek::rolleyes:

First Name
john
Cheers lads,nice info Ron and if I'm honest I didn't know until you told me so thanks. Monica sorry no more blood lol My gladiator took a beating for you and it is only war paint on his face but he won't be getting any of that neither I think he looks crazy enough to be honest not the kind to meet on a dark night . Here he is ready for primer View attachment 79838

image.jpg

P

Paul P

By eck yer banging these figures out. How about putting some intermediate pictures up in stead of a before and finished. It would be great to see how you progress

BTW sorry to be pedantic but his hair cut is a Mohawk not a Mohican, a mohican has hair at the sides but shorter than the top, a mohawk has no hair at the sides

Last edited:
P

Polux

Looks nice!

Can I ask, if you have any kind of trouble to sand or join the pieces?

They seems be a good figures...

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh John your no fun :P lol,

he is scarey with his Mohawk anyways :rolleyes: dose Sean to got together well and a good start

i do like Paul suggestion with some more showing the stagers i think it would be a great help to alot off us, only if you have the time

think we could lean alot from your great painting stills ;) :rolleyes:

First Name
john
:smiling3:Ok thanks everyone I will post more pictures this is my second dragon figure and I have to say that my 1st one went together very well View attachment 79844

This second one had a couple of small issues one of them being he didn't want to hold his gun but a needle file and abit of super glue sorted that little problem plus there were a couple of small gaps but overhaul nothing to really shout about and having now built products from mini art dragon and tamiya I would say they are all on par with each other for quality and value for your money around the £10 mark with tamiya being slightly more expensive in some cases depending on the model. I have found so far figure modelling and painting to be very rewarding and relaxing as the more you practice like with most things the better you become and I still have my 1st figure from a while ago and if I compare with my latest figure then it looks like it's been painted by two different people.the nice thing is I know there is still room for improvement in my figures and with all the help and advice given from everyone on the forum past and present then hopefully I will progress so big thank you to everyone regards John :smiling3: image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This is interesting , you know I know I've seen that screaming eagle figure in a film I'm sure of it

First Name
john
Ok off to the painting stage my favourite part. View attachment 79846

View attachment 79847

After primer I gently dry with a hair dryer which aids me in time and allowing for next layer of paint . I always use vallejo paint up to date but have started messing with life colour recently but vallejo for this figure . I would like some opinions on the colours to use for the uniform if someone would be so kind to help here are some pics for ref: View attachment 79848

I was thinking 71023 hemp(camo beige) uniform and 71044 light grey green pouches equipment etc thanks everyone for looking and any help advice regards JohnView attachment 79849

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Another nice figure that will compliment your others John.

Si:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great start John,its good to see the way people go about the way of starting and adding the diffidence tones and low and high lite very interesting

i have been using life colour for about 2yrs since i got back into modeling and was fine with it till i started to use vallejo and i have found that the vallejo

is a much better paint to use go,s on smooth and is easy to move about as well, as i did notice that the life color dose seen some what gritter with some off the colors or it could just be me,

and if you do start to use both , would like to know if you do find the same ? as im only building up my vallejo paints so i do mix them,

moni