Sherman

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Randy looks great. My only experience with the Sherman is seeing them rattle around in old war films I watched as a kid. What's the story with Randy's roundel ? I imagine identification from the air, but I've never seen this before (although I'm not an armour person)

Colin M..

D

dougie

nice, is there a texture to the paint or is it just noise from the camera? its hard to see

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build Billy, a very good looking Sherman. Not seen a roundel like that on a tank before either Colin, maybe it is the British version of aerial recognition.

B

Billy

\ said:
nice, is there a texture to the paint or is it just noise from the camera? its hard to see
Thanks dougie , no there's not any texture it's just my rubbish camera and the lighting wasn't very good as I did it early in the morning.

Last edited:
B

Billy

Thanks everyone, I put the rounded on just because I had nothing else to do and it said to put them on in the instructions. Colin yes I think they were used for identification from the air. I've just read a brilliant book by Ken tout about a tank crew from d day to VE Day and he said they used stars for they planes to spot them. There was a bigger roundel on the back but I didn't like it so I took it off.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice job, like it.

Si:smiling3:

B

Billy

\ said:
hello would you know how to get this finish on a sherman tank as attached file. thanks Gary
Hello I'm sorry but Im not the person to ask I'm not the best at finishing

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Good work Billy, looks good

I see you're in the land of the retiring type (old people!) Is GK Models still down Holdenhurst Road???

Lee :smiling3:

P

Piakio

A curious pattern, i have a Sherman too for posting,although a different versión.

Cheers