Shot myself in the foot.

S

sharowjohn

Had the Meng Dooby armored bulldozer in my stash for a while and been toying with the idea of Easy Link white metal tracks you will all be familiar with joining method clip together the bend over the tongues job done in minutes. Then I heard on the grapevine that Meng were discontinuing the kit decision made before Easy Link stop producing the track links. Imagine my surprise when I opened the package to find that they are not the the usual links but separate links with joining joining pins supplied, these were badly cast with the two halves off register not a lot of use really so I have just ordered some 1.5mm od brass tube from you know who and am facing the task of cutting just short of 100 new joining pins, probably be ordering a new razor saw shortly. You have been warned.

Merry Christmas every one Sharowjohn. :sad:

D

demon

Try cutting by rolling a Stanley knife blade on the tube

Roger

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'll second that. Roll a knife over it. Muck cleaner cut and easier too.

S

sharowjohn

Hi John, I bought one from you a few weeks back unfortunately 1.5mm tube is just too small for the cutter so it looks like I will be buying blades/razor saw from you in due course.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
As Ian and Roger say , a stanley blade rolled over the tube will cut it neatly . It is important to do it on a hard surface though , an old ceramic tile is ideal. cheers and good luck! Tony