Showcase models Bushmaster 1/35 scale.

S

steve scan

Finally finished this one, in all honesty I did not enjoy this build, very fussy engineering, too much of the interior was in brass when plastic would have been better, I put it away several times intending to bin on the last but could not resist trying one more time, trying to get the body shell on to the chassis resulted in the interior etched plates etc. pinging off so I had to cut large parts of them off until the body shell would sit some where like correctly, then on one of my trial fits it clicked to place and I did not want to pull it off again, luckily I had added the interior detail though had not done any weathering, so I thought sod it I will have everything buttoned up, then as I was working on the exterior the front passenger seat came adrift!! luckily with a certain amount of dexterity working through the forward gun position I managed to get it re secured, soon after the forward stowage rack came adrift!!!!! this was made of two pieces of brass and was impossible to re secure so I threw it all in it the box and placed it outside for the bin. The following morning I headed off to the bin with it but made the mistake of opening the box and lo and behold back I went to the workshop, managed to remove it through said forward gun opening but left some white pant flecks on the interior of the windows, also ended up having to scratch build many of the handrails and the rear view mirror brackets, Tamiya masking tape straps and plastic/etch tool brackets, but hey ho, so here she is the most challenging one I can remember doing should have been a lot better but still a great looking vehicle,

IMG_20151128_160504_zpsd5utcrhs.jpg

IMG_20151128_160342_zpslzeylklx.jpg

IMG_20151128_160326_zps1taznpjz.jpg

IMG_20151128_160319_zps1wrkau2j.jpg

IMG_20151128_160307_zpsjiaogypt.jpg

Thanks for looking, Steve.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work Steve, I like the subtle weathering and the colors look spot on, good job mate;).............Jim;)

S

steve scan

Thanks Jim it was rewarding beating this one, it fought like hell. :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Well it may have been a battle Steve.... But you've ended up with a cracking result. I like it a lot.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Awesome work Steve, what with all the troubles you've had, and it still looks this good. It just goes to show if you stick to it, you can overcome many problems.

S

steve scan

\ said:
Very nice wish I could finish models this well I think I have peaked lol
No way have you peaked Roger, just keep playing with different techniques and will find you keep moving forward.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great win Steve,all your hard work has payed off,looks great very well

painted and weathered,very well done, ;)

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That looks sweet!

Lee :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Wow you have done a cracking job on the build and that weathering is superb top stuff