Si B’s- Academy Hetzer early....

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si

Academy Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer...early

Evening all,
Thought I’d blog this , It’s going to be a quick build with no frills, just build, paint and a little light muck.

Sprue shots....

Already started on running gear...

Cheers
Si

Attachments

• 5EF3FBA0-1A14-4366-9FDC-1E68F5DC14BF.jpeg
    5EF3FBA0-1A14-4366-9FDC-1E68F5DC14BF.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 10

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Si, I'll tag along, built one of these a couple of years ago, it goes together nicely & I enjoyed the build. The only thing I would do differently is add an metal barrel, the threads on the end of the plastic barrel are a pain to clean up.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Si .
How come yours always look so damed clean ! :surprised::smiling3::smiling3:
I'll sit next to Paul .
I've fancied one of these for some time
Are there any of your fresh baked cake please ?
John .

Last edited:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Good choice Si. Pretty effective little scooter. Think I did a couple of these in 1/87 by SDV w/some Hauler PE. I'm sure JR will trade some cake for some KV1 pics Rick. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Don't have any KV1 pics. Paul but I do have three unbuilt KV kits in the stash:hungry:. Did not know about sdv Hetzer when did they become available? Sorry for hijacking you thread Si. J.R. is still not sharing and he keeps drooling on me:tongue-out2:!
Cheers, Rick H.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Good afternoon folks,
Wow, what a turn out! Thanks for your interest......You’ll be pleased to know I’ve had a word with the rabble and enforced a no cake pinching or drooling policy:smiling5:
Hoping to get a little more done tonight....wheels and tracks. Link and length, should make for a quick result:nerd:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Mr. Benson,

Everyone loves a Hetzer so let's get crackin' on this one. As far as the kids go, you just need to smack 'em on the back of the melon and they will calm down and stop drooling and spilling crumbs everywhere….

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Allen,
Good to have you keeping the hord in check:cool:

Update......

Sprockets and idelers made up and wheels snipped off....all the wheels are single piece so no muckin about...

The link and length tracks where taken care of in no time and an excellent fit too....

So that’s tonight’s episode. I must say I’m enjoying this build....it’s been a charm so far:smiling4:
Cheers
Si

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don't have any KV1 pics. Paul but I do have three unbuilt KV kits in the stash:hungry:. Did not know about sdv Hetzer when did they become available? Sorry for hijacking you thread Si. J.R. is still not sharing and he keeps drooling on me:tongue-out2:!
Cheers, Rick H.
Get to my age , and you'll drool all over the place :smiling: . I did offer you that piece after Steve trod on it . It only needed a quick squeeze back into shape and it was good to go !

John :upside:
Sorry Si, needed to set the record straight .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Si .
Can I raise an objection to the wording regarding tracks please .

" The link and length tracks were taken care of in no time and an excellent fit too "
There are some amongst us that fear these evil bits of plastic that you talk of so highly.
Please refrain in future.
Yours .
Ivor Ihatethethigsisky.
Bed 9 .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Drool away J.R. I now have my slicker on and am holding my head above water!:tongue-out2: BTW Si, running gear looks great. Anxiously awaiting the next progress report. Any cake left? Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I'm not a cake guy so will leave my grubby hands off the tray. I'll squeeze in with the rowdy crowd...brought my gloves, helmet and kevlar vest...have a shelf queen and want to see what all this finishing is about.:smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard