Simon's Sikorsky CH53 GS/G Revell 1/48

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I just checked my stash and found I have one as well in the Heer decal scheme but can be made to the Sea Stallion with parts for the extra tank and racks as well as the refuelling probe. Will be following your build.

Cheers,
Richard

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I did an earlier reboxing of this kit and that had the jeep and gun carriage but no instructions on how to build it and I suspect yours might be the same

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Good evening well after looking through all your wonderful posts i feel a bit lacking…that said the kit has no details for the cockpit or interior so i have improvised a wee bit page 1 is what you see and i added control decals not for the kit just some i borrowed the bulkhead is shown but not yet fitted as i feel there more to add to this when I figure out what ill let you know.. hard to get a good picture and due to the positioning of the dash board you wont see much after its built but i felt it should be there
simon 43202BCD-56B8-4E71-94A9-F93E59C0ABB3.jpeg8B25F280-DEEF-4462-AA69-7ACA67EC103C.jpeg6EF2D4C3-C24A-46D6-B3B9-819ADAF1F39E.jpeg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Simon,
Certainly looks a well packed kit you got there,nice touch with the "extras" too ;)
From what I can see from the pics, you've made a very nice job of the cockpit details... Good stuff :smiling3:
Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks like a nice kit and the work so far also looking good.
If you look for the Revell Jeep kit, I am sure you will find some instructions for it.
Nice touch with the IP.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
hi well not much progress this week but i have finished page 1!! and a few other parts as well mainly the wheels and bits of the undercarriage, pilot Bob & Jimbo were a bit nippy due to them having the wrong orientation nothing a sharp blade and a candle didn’t resolve. Apart from the rear doors this is the extent of the innards well for this build anyway.
sorry hard to get a good picture so i hope these look ok
simon
B2DF2EDC-2DBF-4F2E-86B9-B2995DF729A6.jpeg2279E60B-3BBE-4D3A-8C8E-2B287D0A6392.jpegAF658426-4BB0-4998-8779-2D44A462EA21.jpegimage.jpg

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's looking great to me Simon ,
I certainly know the difficulties of fitting crew guys in,and it looks to me that you've cracked those mate,
Also, you've painted them up well too ... All in all,I reckon you're doing a great job ,
Andy

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Hi bit of advice please the resin parts i have for the kit, well mainly the intake ducts/filters … have a lot of resin on them from the moulding, what kind of saw would you recommend?
would a junior hack saw be ok? Or do i need a razor saw?
also best bonding solution? Resin to resin & small PE to resin parts
thanks

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Simon,
Just seen this as I've had a week from hell work wise!!
For cutting the resin,I'd say preferably a razor saw, but a junior hacksaw could suffice as long as you're very careful with slow strokes ;)
Also,if you keep the piece nice and damp it'll cut down on the nasty dust in the air :smiling3:
Hatha,
Andy

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Hi Simon,
Just seen this as I've had a week from hell work wise!!
For cutting the resin,I'd say preferably a razor saw, but a junior hacksaw could suffice as long as you're very careful with slow strokes ;)
Also,if you keep the piece nice and damp it'll cut down on the nasty dust in the air :smiling3:
Hatha,
Andy
Thanks andy will give it a blast have junior saw but ill see about investing in a razor saw, dust suppression as well cheers simon

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Yes andys right a razor saw is the best way to go , you can either wet the area or just take it slowly and take precautions against the dust ( mask ) . If youre just razor sawing bits off the pouring stubs then it shouldnt make that much anyway . Its when you start with the motor tools that the dust becomes a major health hazard. As for sticking bits together , superglue is the best thing , careful though , resin to resin bonds go off straightaway so youve got to be accurate and quick !

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Yes andys right a razor saw is the best way to go , you can either wet the area or just take it slowly and take precautions against the dust ( mask ) . If youre just razor sawing bits off the pouring stubs then it shouldnt make that much anyway . Its when you start with the motor tools that the dust becomes a major health hazard. As for sticking bits together , superglue is the best thing , careful though , resin to resin bonds go off straightaway so youve got to be accurate and quick !
Thanks Yac face
accuracy is my middle name!!! along with butter fingers two left feet and last but not least why would you :face-with-head-bandage::flushed::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::smiling6::thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Will join Simon, sorry a bit late but looks an interesting build .

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Well heres where i am… ready to join the 2 half of fuselage together and have started trying to get the resin parts to fit not as easy as this sounds, up till tuesday it was slow but now i have hit an even bigger hurdle,
went for lunch on Tuesday just home nowhere fancy came back sat at my office desk and i shxx you not went blind in my left eye waited a few mins for it to go but it stayed called the local optician who seen me straight away then shortly after i had to be rushed to ARI in Aberdeen, turns out i had a stroke!!!! This has left me with no periferal vision in my left eye & none in my left hand side of my right eye can’t believe it, still can’t believe it. No warning just blind so after many tests and scans it turns out a small blood clot hit me in the back of the head on the right hand side damaging the vision part of my brain.
good news is this seems to be returning slowly and the head ache to end all head aches is slowly getting better i know the NHS sometimes get bad press but ican quite honestly say they were all great and i appriciate all there efforts and help. so now need to take it easy and rest up and pray my vision returns to normal looking straight a head is fine looking left is just a blur and anything in that field is invisable to me.
i did have a look over the kit today and i seem to be able to focus on it no problem so i will carry on with it tomorrow and get some pictures to post
simon