Simple and Small

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Fantastic work richard , loving this one
This is going to be a beauty.
Joining the rabble to follow your progresses Richard... and I already feel for that poor sleeping GI!
Great start Wabble, following with interest.
Thanks Tony, Scottie, Andrea and Garry.
Yup, that GI is in for a full bombardment.

I've done a bit more to the base and fittings... assembled the lamp post. Sanded down all seams. I will create the glass with White Glue after it's painted. I thought of using clear acetate but WG seems a lot easier.
IMG_20240426_191132.jpg
Got the packet of large ball pin heads and cut the pins shorter and stuck them onto the pillars ..
IMG_20240426_191217.jpg
Textured the foam cobble stones and cut out parts of it to fit the manhole and drainage gratings...
IMG_20240426_191327.jpg
I pressed the cobble stones along the edge of the pavement to create an indentation like a shallow drain leading to the grating. I notice this feature in the old villages of Cotswold videos. Painting this slightly damp and with moss and grime would be interesting. Putty will be used to fill gaps around these fittings.
IMG_20240426_191259.jpg
Because this is such a small base I can pay a bit more attention to detailing.
That's all for now, thanks for looking in.

Cheers,
Wabble

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Richard, I guess the pigeons are edible, but I would never eat one. The damn things carry more diseases than rats !
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard, I guess the pigeons are edible, but I would never eat one. The damn things carry more diseases than rats !
John.
Hi John, so basically they're rats of the skies being city or urban birds just like rats. Recently the local population were alerted to not mingle amongst large flocks of pigeons due to them carrying diseases.

Cheers,
Wabble