Some diorama's I've built.

StephenN

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi folks, I hope you're all well. I know I've not posted anything on here for several weeks, but I'd just like to show you some of the dioramas I have built over the years. But I have a question for people. Has anyone ever attempted to send a diorama to someone else via courier? Was it successful and did it arrive in one piece? Were any bits broken off when it arrived?

Attachments

• Airfield(2).jpg
    Airfield(2).jpg
    188 KB · Views: 26
  • Airfield(3).jpg
    Airfield(3).jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Mary Rose.jpg
    Mary Rose.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 27
  • Helicopter.jpg
    Helicopter.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Helicopter.jpg
    Helicopter.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Cliff(1).jpg
    Cliff(1).jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Cliff(2).jpg
    Cliff(2).jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Cliff(3).jpg
    Cliff(3).jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 25

StephenN

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Stephen,
I like the cliff - is it based on a particular site?
Dave
Hi Dave, thanks for the comment. No it's not. It's actually just a cliff that I build and trying to make it look natural. I was experimenting with my static grass applicator and trying to make grass look natural as well especially with different shades. I'm trying to bring lots of things together and make a bit of a scene with small rocks at the base. This is just a start.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Stephen

Thanks for sharing. As Dave said, the cliff dues look very good indeed

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Stephan , the only time I've had a a built model It sent to me it arrived ok. That was a tank and well packed in bubble wrap.

It would possible to send a completed dio but anything that was tall and thin like a tree would pose a problem in packing for a start. Having seen how parcels are stacked and thrown about I would hate to think how it would arrive intact.

StephenN

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi folks, thanks so much for the feedback. I'll keep going. John, I did suspect that it is risky sending stuff by post. I'm also creating my own sculptamold. Enjoying the process, it's getting there! :smiling3: