Sons 1/24 Hurricane build (School Project)

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Reason behind the build can be seen here ;

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/my-10-year-olds-extended-school-project-hurricane-build.29913/

So we started with the engine on Saturday afternoon, process been ; Josh found the parts, cut them off the sprue, sanded the cut marks, applied glue and glued them together ( unless they were fiddly - then I just 'stuck the parts together for him', has mild dyspraxia). On Sunday we then set up the spray booth and Josh air brushed the engine, was surprised how he took to it, practising he got some very thin lines !;

View attachment 100317

View attachment 100318

View attachment 100319

View attachment 100320

webWP_20150215_009.jpg

webWP_20150215_003.jpg

webWP_20150215_004.jpg

webWP_20150215_005.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice start Steve , be careful here you can't have the full engine in this if you want the engine panels on , it is worth having the panels off as it does build into a nice engine and it seems a shame to cover it up :smiling3:

D

dougie

excellent idea to build this for a school project. He might even inspire some kids to put down their tablets or phones and try something new

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
excellent idea to build this for a school project. He might even inspire some kids to put down their tablets or phones and try something new
I wouldn't bank on it my son was building at the age of 10 and that all changed when he started senior school and he practically binned it off and as all his mates have Xbox, but I won't give up on him I'm taking him to the model show at the FAA on Saturday im a man on a mission :D

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great days father n son activities I wish I could get my 14yr old off his xbox but fear all is lost to the land of games and social media we did have our times when he was younger.But in his defence I remember being that age and the only thing I was interested in was girls and he can't get into trouble with those on his xbox.Look forward to the rest of Josh's build.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cheers guys, he still has his x-box and iPad, so we will see, lucky really as he has an interest in aircraft and has been coming to airshows with me since he was younger. Last 3 years we have camped at RIAT and he wanted to make sure I had booked this years pitch back in January. :smiling: