Soviet Frontier Guards - 1/72 - Zvezda (6144)

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Hello,
I'm not sure if 1/72 counts as "figures". But from time to time I like to paint a few of them. For example, the Zvezda mini sets with three to 5 figures on a World War II theme. I enjoy researching the different uniforms and then trying to implement them somehow on the little minis.
I'm so cheeky and just show a set here. I hope its OK.
Best regards,
Andi

Attachments

• Zvezda (6144) Soviet Frontier Guards -A.jpg
    Zvezda (6144) Soviet Frontier Guards -A.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Zvezda (6144) Soviet Frontier Guards -R.jpg
    Zvezda (6144) Soviet Frontier Guards -R.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 33

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Great job there excellent ,just shows what can be done with small scale figures ,unfortunately most people would just overlook these as zvezda seem to be considered poor quality ,early stuff yes but now there as good as the rest well done for showing us. Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hello,
I'm not sure if 1/72 counts as "figures". But from time to time I like to paint a few of them. For example, the Zvezda mini sets with three to 5 figures on a World War II theme. I enjoy researching the different uniforms and then trying to implement them somehow on the little minis.
I'm so cheeky and just show a set here. I hope its OK.
Best regards,
Andi
Those are really excellent Andreas. The German shepherd in particular is superb. His colouration is spot on. Nice crisp job on the rest as well. Nothing wrong with the Zvezda figures to me, I’ve done a few. Mostly doing 28mm stuff at the moment though.
By the way, yes, 1/72 counts as figures………to me, if it looks like a figure, it’s a figure, no matter how small it is…..

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice Andeas, If this is an example of your skills then I think we are in for a treat with your military vehicles.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yep, gotta agree with the guys on this,they look excellent Andi :cool:,
The little bases set them off very well,great stuff. :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Now they are stunning..... If I can ever get to that quality I will be well pleased!

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Very nice Andeas, If this is an example of your skills then I think we are in for a treat with your military vehicles.
I have to ask you to be a little patient - I still have to try to take some good photos of it. But I would like to gradually show a few of my models.

@all Thank you very much for all your kind words.

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Amazing results here! The dog looks brilliant. Full marks here.

Gavin
Thank you Gavin.
VMF striped T shirt at 1/72 scale: you are a brave modeller and very skilled painter Andi. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Who's your ophthalmologist? ;)
Hope you'll pamper us with some more figures!
I will. I still have a few painted sets that I haven't shown yet. And despite the “Braille Scale” I actually don’t need glasses (yet). :smiling6: