"Soviet Steamoller" ISU 152

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like this Jim, love the subtle way you do damage and crumple panels, easy to go wrong in plastic. Add that to the build, paintwork and weathering and you have a very, very nice model indeed.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I like this Jim, love the subtle way you do damage and crumple panels, easy to go wrong in plastic. Add that to the build, paintwork and weathering and you have a very, very nice model indeed.
thanks Si, I appreciate that:smiling3:...................Jim

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nicely done Jim. The tracks, the damaged panels, the weathering, colour modulation are all convincing. Great build.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Nicely done Jim. The tracks, the damaged panels, the weathering, colour modulation are all convincing. Great build.
Thanks Joe...............................Jim :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice indeed Jim,real like the damage to the guards and like the weathering,

and the color modulation,and most of all that lite green,color, ;)

one that i cannot find for Russian stuff,:rolleyes:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
very nice indeed Jim,real like the damage to the guards and like the weathering,
and the color modulation,and most of all that lite green,color, ;)

one that i cannot find for Russian stuff,:rolleyes:
Thanks Monica, I've found over the years that one must mix their own colors if they want the hue they're looking for, easier than mulling over all the different colors at the store. Since I only use cheapo craft water paints there aren't any particular "military colors " so to speak so one is basically on his own. Just part of the artistic aspect of it and that's what makes it fun. Another "Rooski" coming along soon;).........................Luv, Jim:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Jim yes I do understand that as i,try to mix that green by using russian green and adding off whites and a tin of brown to it,

but i think you have nailed it,as it looks more a washed out sun bleached green, ;)

This is very nicely done. The base looks good too, gives a nice setting for the model. The weathering and fading is executed perfectely. Top job!

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looks superb the weathering and the coulour moderation is spot on top job

D

dubster72

I do like that Jim! No-one would fancy looking down the business end of that cannon! ;)

First Name
barry
Great work again Jim like the clean base nothing to take the eye away from that monster ,weathering and damage spot on.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I do like that Jim! No-one would fancy looking down the business end of that cannon! ;)
Thank you Patrick,these were used in great numbers to batter buildings in the battle for Berlin at point blank range, wouldn't want to look out the window and see that aiming at you for sure! :eek:

D

dubster72

\ said:
Thank you Patrick,these were used in great numbers to batter buildings in the battle for Berlin at point blank range, wouldn't want to look out the window and see that aiming at you for sure! :eek:
And to knock out Tigers, Panthers & Elefants - hence the nickname Zveroboy or Beast Killer!

The benefits of research I did for the SU 152 I built a while ago!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
And to knock out Tigers, Panthers & Elefants - hence the nickname Zveroboy or Beast Killer!
The benefits of research I did for the SU 152 I built a while ago!
Very observant of you Patrick, you do keep me on the ball historically wise;) The Russians are known for their no-nonsense brutality and the ISU152 is a perfect example of that. Next up will be either a BT5 or a T55, both in the works. Would like very much to see your version of ISU152 is it on the site?............Jim

D

dubster72

\ said:
Very observant of you Patrick, you do keep me on the ball historically wise;) The Russians are known for their no-nonsense brutality and the ISU152 is a perfect example of that. Next up will be either a BT5 or a T55, both in the works. Would like very much to see your version of ISU152 is it on the site?............Jim
The T-55 will be an interesting one! I've got my eye on a SU 85 on eBay - either that or a KV 2.

This is the completed thread for my SU 152

http://scale-models.co.uk/threads/trumpeter-1-35-su-152-early.28252/

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I have a SU76 Svezda though, A real nightmare to build:eek: