Spad XIII 1/72nd Scale - fe!$#~!g tiniest of birds...

G

Gladiator111

Hi all

Well, with a bit of trepardation I give you my £1.75 Academy Spad XIII effort. It was a quick build for the sake of my impatient 7yo son who incidently, wants to play with it later. Well, he's welcome to it actually as the model fit was awful with gaps on every joint, even the undercarraige sockets were out by 3mm either side. Not impressed, but my son is though ;)

Photo's of the Spad, finger and spoon (why? I really don't know...thought it would be fun to add them for some reason) are attached.

Chris

View attachment 8063

View attachment 8064

View attachment 8065

View attachment 8066

View attachment 8067

View attachment 19210

View attachment 19211

View attachment 19212

View attachment 19213

View attachment 19214

Spad XIII 015.jpg

Spad XIII 016.jpg

Spad XIII 023.jpg

Spad XIII 024.jpg

Spad XIII 025.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
looks ok to me chris,has he destroyed it yet? did you enjoy doing it though, even though it was a dog ? sometimes you can get a lot of pleasure out of a simple cheap old kit,but maybe thats just me(simple,cheap and old!!!):smiling5:

G

Gladiator111

Thanks Yak

Naw, he hasn't yet, he's handled it with a surprising amount of care actually. The experience was alright I must admit, especially as my lad was looking over my shoulder during most of the build, asking questions about that era. However, my 1:48 Italeri A10 is taking a little longer to finish though and he's lost interest with that one ;) heh.

You'll have to wait another month or so for pics of that one as we're off on our hols soon. Though, I'm off to the Southport Airshow in September so there will be plenty of model's bought there I hope.:wish:

Chris

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Thanks YakNaw, he hasn't yet, he's handled it with a surprising amount of care actually. The experience was alright I must admit, especially as my lad was looking over my shoulder during most of the build, asking questions about that era. However, my 1:48 Italeri A10 is taking a little longer to finish though and he's lost interest with that one ;) heh.

You'll have to wait another month or so for pics of that one as we're off on our hols soon. Though, I'm off to the Southport Airshow in September so there will be plenty of model's bought there I hope.:wish:

Chris
Looks good really, the weathering on the spoon is even more impessive.

Andy

G

Gladiator111

heh, you noticed the tea stains on the teaspoon eh? took me ages to get that effect...