Spanner's brush painted Revell 1/72 Lancaster BI/III.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Here is my Lancaster. I used Vallejo Model Air acrylics throughout.

With the exception of the minimum amount of rigging and a pilot, it's a boring old O.O.B. build. You will observe the rigging appears almost white. It is in fact mid. grey. I reckon the sunlight has somehow reflected on it. Not to worry...

I wanted a clean aircraft, so I've kept the weathering minimal and left it at just a bit of streaking here and there.

P1260068.JPG

P1260066.JPG

P1260053.JPG

P1260047.JPG

P1260074.JPG

P1260060.JPG

P1260049.JPG

P1260069.JPG

P1260061.JPG

P1260052.JPG

P1260044.JPG

P1260071.JPG

P1260075.JPG

Thanks for looking and stay safe.

Ron

P.S. I dare say there are many minor errors you will spot, but did you spot the really obvious, glaring, and to me, the most annoying one?

No need for the 'Zoomerinerers' to use this awful practice either. The error is obvious.

First person to spot the one I'm referring to gets a free, 14 day, all inclusive holiday to The Maldives :cool: - Leaving next Tuesday.

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ron I think it's the decals on the rear find that are wrong. Good build though. Can I pack my case now?!?!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cant see anything at all wrong with that matey , fantastic build .
cheers tony

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Ron,
that's turned out very well - it may be a glaring error to a Lancaster buff, but it looks very good to me!
Dave

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the positive comments, men, but no cases to be packed - yet. I can't see anything wrong with the fin decals.

Dave, I too know precious little about Lancasters. Now't to do with this is longer or that is shorter and has too many rivets. I'll leave all that nonsense to minute, mini millimeter merchants!

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Got it ( I think) the roundals on the top of the wings are slightly out of line with each other. Can I get my case now

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's a cracking build and finish Ron. I like it a lot.
Peter

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Got it ( I think) the roundals on the top of the wings are slightly out of line with each other. Can I get my case now

Spot on Paul. Well done... :thumb2:
Yes, indeed, it is different spacings of the main wing roundels. This is usually one of the things I like to get spot on with both wings. I used the Horns of the ailerons as a guide when placing them, but, look closely and you will see I chose different ones....:upside: I didn't realize my mistake 'till the following day - Too late!

Anyway Paul, before you pack your bags, please forward your full bank details to me. Best do it via a P.M. You can't be too careful, can you?
You have my word that once I've removed money from your account, I will delete any relevant information you have sent to me. I won't even forward them to my cousin in Nigeria who desperately needs funds to further his son's University education.

I look forward to receiving your details.

Also, a big thank you to all the other members for being so polite in not point out the error, although you all saw it!..... :tongue-out3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
An' 'ere was me thinkin' you'd put the wings on upside down or summat! I can't see the mistake even now it's been pointed out to me!

Cracking build Ron and better paint job. I'm glad we finally get to see it in all it's glorious 3D technicolour detail after you teasing us with that all black silhouette the other day.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
......'course you can!
I'm well happy you approve of the final colour version.

Cheers.
Ron

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Very well done Indeed. I have the Airfix version of this in the stash and so it will serve as an inspiration when I finally get it out.

Bravo!!

Andrew

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Blimey! You caught me out there, I thought I was looking at my old crate, not a model.

Squadron Leader Prangem DFC and cup of tea (retd.)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Looks great to me. I'd have never spotted your "error". Even now I can't really see it.
Jim