Spitfire part-works due soon.

G

George

Also saw the programme here and can only agree, does not say much for the company but nice to see that they have been exposed in the shoddy way that they work.Regards.......Mark
I Expect that they have already caught quite a few guys who think that they know it all and will suceed where sensible folk would think twice and then again :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

D

duncan

Does the BMFA and SAA not take an interest in these dubious methods of sales to the general public. If a disaster happens it will be "model aircraft" that will be blamed , not D`agsotini or any other bit part outfit. We should perhaps get their(BMFA/SAA`s) opinion.

P

Paul

Does the BMFA and SAA not take an interest in these dubious methods of sales to the general public. If a disaster happens it will be "model aircraft" that will be blamed ' date=' not D`agsotini or any other bit part outfit. We should perhaps get their(BMFA/SAA`s) opinion.[/quote']I believe that D'agostini approached the BMFA before releasing this model with a view to getting their approval, BMFA tried to explain to them that a Spitfire wasn't an appropriate choice for a beginner and refused to sanction the model, D'Agostini said they would release it anyway. Profit over common sense again. :ranting2:

B

Bluewavestudios

Indeed as Paul states above, It was on the WatchDog programme that De-Agostini did approach the BMFA for them to endorse their Spitfire and the BMFA flatly refused.

WatchDog also advised people buying this model to take out appropriate Insurance. I doubt any insurer will cover any accident from a beginner flying a completely unsuitable plane....this Spitfire being such an example.

Ps... Welcome Paul, Glad you found the Forum and hope you find the answers you were looking for on Autogyro's.

Regards.......Mark.

Last edited:
C

cherrion

I have got proof that the resistor that metls isnt faulty. If you run thecar at low speeds for long periods of time. The thing ,elts. There is a clear warning with the issue that supplies the battery and charger.It isq their own fault if they didnt read it. I know, i have got the subaru and it runs perfectly, although i am thinking of buying a new battery. If you set the gears properly the car is well capable of 45km/h. I subscribed to the spitfire back in february. so far it has been straight forward. SInce i am a newbie to flying in think i will keep the sptifre on display while i learn to fly with a trainer aircraft. Back to the subaru, it runs well although i screwed the body up. the window stickers have long narrow airbubbles in them but i dont care. The only upgrade parts supplied by deagostinithat i fitted was the suspension. The new one was adjustable. I am also interested by electronic speed controlers. But i am not sure if they would fit. If you dont know the subaru is a bycmo kit.

Last edited:
B

Bluewavestudios

Cherrion,

In reply to your post above, I would certainly put the Spitfire on Display for a while and get your hands on a good trainer plane and learn on that until you are proficient as the Spitfire is definitely NOT a beginners plane to fly.

At least when you have a few good hours on your trainer under your belt and are proficient at flying then you can move onto the Spitfire.

Try flying the Spitfire as a first plane and it will end up exactly as you bought it....A kit of parts...and very mangled ones at that !!!.

Any idea how much the Spitfire is costing you...??? as you can build much much cheaper from Plans and learn a good deal more at the same time.

Regards.........Mark.

T

tillythebear

I have been building the Spitfire for many months, have recieved magazine 35 as of 3rd July 06 in Australia. In defence of the product I get great pleasure in having my eldest son age 10 assist in the construction and the discussion around flying the model. The reality is that since we started construction we have built several RC/AC ARTF's - Such as the Ultrafly , Extreme and Ultimate http://www.modelflight.com.au/ultrafly/ultrafly_ultimate_arf.htm etc..

also the SkyCat and a RTF Heli (Outback rescue). Many crashes on the way but getting there. So even if the De Agostini Spit doesn't take off for several years and costs 60 x $14.95 = !!! we probably would have not got into RC Aircraft without the Magzine.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Good for you Tillythebear,your enthusiasm has paid off,you deserve to do well with your Spitfire model,but get plenty of stick time with your other models first.

B

Bunkerbarge

It would be interesting to see any pictures of the build progress that you may have.

T

tillythebear

I think this will link to a picture of it so far.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/gallery/showimage.php?i=846&c=8

B

Bunkerbarge

That's looking very good.

I have to say that the idea of building a more advanced model to give you something to aim for makes sense. You will obviously not want to damage the Spit after all that time and effort so ther incentive is there to learn how to fly it properly during its construction.

The two going hand in hand over time seems to give a strong sense of purpose to both sides of the project.

Thanks for the pictures. I for one would love to see more as she takes shape over the months.

P

Phoenix

looking good

once i get my trainer finished and can fly i want to build a spitfire

they look so cool

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Tilly,

Hope you didn't read my earlier post wrong, I am not against this model at all but just don't see it as a suitable model for a first time flyer, which is the point I was making. You are doing exactly what is recommended by way of getting some experience under your belt first with the other models. By the time you come to fly the Spitfire, Hopefully that experience will have increased and you can enjoy flying the Spitfire as it should be flown.

I hope you have fun with all your models and keep up the good work with the Spitfire, it is coming along nicely now.

Regards.........Mark.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
These are the first photographs that I have seen of this model under construction,how time flies with these projects ? she looks a sturdy subject and very similar in construction to the Kyosho ARTF model,I can tell you know that she is slippery and fast ! but great fun to handle for anyone who has the flying experience and who loves the shape of the Spitfire in flight.

The Kyosho Spit had a 40 sized motor and flew until she fell apart with the inevitable oil soakage.