Spring Thaw Sherman

First Name
Ty
Well it took me it took about 6 months but I finally finished my first early Spring diorama. It's comprised of an M4A3 Sherman from the 3rd Armored Division and troops from the 80th Infantry Division, who have just brought in a prisoner. We're around the Rhine river in March of 1945.

Dragon M-4A3(76) modified with sandbag armour and lots of on-board stowage. Base coat is three shades of Life Colour Olive Drab. Winter camo done with the hairspray method. Weathering done with MIG washes, artists oils, Reality in Scale "Mud in a Pot" and Future. Sherman crew are from Alpine and Royal Model.

Tamiya Willys Jeep modified with lots of onboard stowage and resin wheels with snow chains. Base coat Life Colour Olive Drab with lighter shades of Tamiya NATO Green and Buff. Weathering done with MIG washes, artists oils, Reality in Scale "Mud in a Pot" and Future. Driver and Officer on the radio are from Alpine.

Infantry figures are a mix of Mantis as well as S&T Products. All figures are painted with Vallejo acrylics and artists oils for the flesh. Weathering done with MIG washes artists oils, Reality in Scale "Mud in a Pot" and Future.

Resin base is from Tiger Productions. Painted with various shades of Tamiya brown. Snow is made from Micro Ballons and white glue. Stream water is acrylic resin. Ice is made from wax. Road water is Future.

After looking at the pics there are some changes I should make. The exhaust and muffler on the jeep is too clean and the German needs some more shading on his camo sleeves.

Hope you enjoy the pics

P

Polux

Hi Ty!!

The painting of the figures are great!!! I love it!! Congrats!!

5* from me!

Regards

Polux

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
This is just great Ty.

Ths isn't a model tank, jeep and a couple of figures but a little piece of history, ficticious or not, rendered into 3D scale snapshot.

The thought behind this dio really shows through.

Thanks for sharing.

Tony.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
beautiful what a top dio so much going on the work on the men relly stands of for me they look so natural they dont look plastic keep it up and get some more on here

geegad

P

ping-pong

Hello

That is fantastic. Went to Telford this year and that would have won it in my eyes.

Great dio and as mossiepilot said, its a little piece of history as a 3d snapshot. 5 stars if i may be so bold.

Cheers

Si :smiling3:

R

Richy C

WOW fantastic dio , no story needed the photo`s tell it all , figures look very nice .

5 stars from me

Richy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You have really out done your self with this one Tyrel.

Brilliant, simply brilliant!

If I could I would give you six stars, but as it is I can only give you five very well earned stars.

Love it.

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Superb work as usual Tyrel. ***** for sure.

Gern

S

Sky Raider

Wow, what a fantastic job you did of that, it tells a story just looking at it. It also shows how hard these guys had it in the winter, you never really give a thought to how cold they must have been and the harsh conditions they had to endure yet they still sleep and eat in them. That within it self must have been a tall order, let alone the battles they had to fight. Long live the memories of these brave lads.

Andy

T

treyzx10r

Wow what an awesome dio Ty,you really brought the whole scene to life. Truly a work of art and a huge 5 stars from me .

A

andygh

Fanbleedingtastic, utterly perfect as far as I can see. 5* from me too

A

AJay

Wow! This is great. Spent ages looking at all the details. 5 stars!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Truly excellent build Ty, so much to see. I keep looking at it and finding something new to admire.

Top drawer stuff.....Here's another 5* for the well deserved pile!!

Ron