SS-Rottenführer, Ardennes 1944

First Name
Dave
That is superb.Looks like a real person to me (apart from the fact most of his body is missing!).Superb painting.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It does indeed look like a real person: Clint Eastwood springs to mind! lol

Tommy that is fantastic, may one ask how long you have been doing figures and busts? I get the idea that you are no new comer to the field!

Ian M

First Name
Tommy
Thanks Ian,

I have been making figures and bust for about 5 years.

I'm also building other stuff mostly WWII German vehicles in scale 1/35.

All in all I have been building with longer and shorter breaks for maybe 10-15 years.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
absolutely cracking the detail is frighting real nice job he has got a chin like clint eastwood

P

Polux

Top job Tommy!!

The skin color is excellent!! Fantastic!!

Polux

T

tommy1drop

Spot on work there Tommy, the detail is amazing, it looks great, got to be worth 5 stars

Tom

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Tommy

It's great to have a figure painter on board.

I can tell this is the Young Miniatures bust, very nicely painted - the camo and the ammo belt are especially good.

Cheers

Paul

First Name
Tommy
Thank you all very much!

And yes Paul, this is a sculpt by Young B Song.

A

andygh

Another superb piece of work

What did you paint the brass cartiridges with may I ask?

First Name
Tommy
\ said:
Another superb piece of workWhat did you paint the brass cartiridges with may I ask?
I did mix my own color for that, if I remember correctly I used old gold + black + cavalry red for the cartridges.

And for the bullets did I use gold + black. I'm sorry but I do not remember the paint ratio, I mix my paint as I go along I do not follow any predefined paint ratio chart.

L

Lancasterb1

A very nice figure you have painted there Tommy, thanks for sharing looks great!

Andy

T

treyzx10r

Wow that made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end,stunning craftmanship Tommy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well done again Tommy. You have a real talent for figure painting. I am impressed and a bit envious.

Maybe you would consider doing a build blog to share your expertise and techniques with we lesser mortals who stuggle with figures. I usually resort to hiding them in a cockpit.

Cheers

Steve

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
It's a little late Tommy but that is out of this world bud, outstanding. Got to agree with Ian too, looks like Clint Eastwood. Five stars

Have fun, John

First Name
Tommy
Thanks!

\ said:
Well done again Tommy. You have a real talent for figure painting. I am impressed and a bit envious.Maybe you would consider doing a build blog to share your expertise and techniques with we lesser mortals who stuggle with figures. I usually resort to hiding them in a cockpit.

Cheers

Steve
I will see what I can do next time I start on a new figure.

Anyone else interested?