STAR WARS: MILLENNIUM FALCON. "FASTEST HUNK OF JUNK IN THE GALAXY!"

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Well it is finished. Glad too, hardly any room to work on it and I have had severe issues with my hands and legs.

Si:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Si,very nice wash work,nice LED,s make it , ;)

the engine,lights look cool ,and not over done,think it was the way to go with the one strip of them,o_O

did you use oil washers, ?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
looks great Si,very nice wash work,nice LED,s make it , ;) the engine,lights look cool ,and not over done,think it was the way to go with the one strip of them,o_O

did you use oil washers, ?
I wasn't sure regarding the light strip, as the build thread guys pointed out-it could have been two. But, it seems to have worked okay.

I used, Aquacolour acrylic metalgrey for the inserted panels, and a basic black oil wash that was dragged using cosmetic foams. Then I used raw umber in places and again dragged. I also used acrylic aluminium, smoke pigment for the scorch marks on top of the aluminium, this was sponged, dragged and blended using my finger. I also used a sandstone pigment to show dust/muck. The whole thing was then sealed in matt varnish. I could have done more or less but I am happy with it. In fact Moni, this will be last build for a while, no more models to do, but these large builds have really hurt me, I have suffered with severe hand/arm cramps and am having pains in my legs, think it is rest time.

Glad you like it, enjoyed it immensely but never again, just have to sell it now.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thank you guys, pleased you like it.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is way cool Si ............ Superb Job. You can have "Five Big Stars" for that one.

Peter

M

Mike

Wow. Just wow. What you acquired looked awesome. What you've done with it makes it look REAL!!!

S

steve scan

Stunning Si you really have a talent for that battered and forlorn look, this is great.

D

dubster72

That's top work Si, definitely the pooch's danglies!

I imagine that's just how it would look in real life!

"Punch it Chewie! "

T

Tibbs

You have done a brilliant job, led's look great, weathering is top notch, hope your limbs get better..... Take it easy ;)

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I am not a star wars fan but you must of had the force with you on this one my hat is off to you.

Peter t

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta for the run down on color and your method, :D

it did work real well for you,and it looks great,

so sorry to hear your not feeling the best,and i do hope with a little rest we shell soon see you back at the bench,hope you feel better soon look after your shelf, :smiling3:

K

Keithmayes

Well done, that is amazing, and as a newbie I am just astonished at how great it looks. Can you tell me how long it took you. It probably would take me a month just to read the instructions! Great stuff, now rest up.