Starbug (Red Dwarf series) 1/35th scale

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice one Colin, a scratching master piece, well worth 5 stars.

Tony.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another masterpiece! *****

Gern

PS Where do you keep all these big scratch projects when they're done? I bet wherever it is, it looks like the storage room for a sci-fi film studio!

C

CDW

Thanks guys,

Dave, i have two ceiling high 18" shelving units with 3 - 6 ft shelves between them in the spare room, they're nearly full.

in the living room, the 7 foot book case has quite a few 10x8 inch dioramas, there's two 18x18 dios sitting on the burmese pythons vivarium and starbug is now sitting on top of my communal creepycrawly tank, i'm going to have to beg for some more room ... maybe i can steal some of the pine unit where Elaines "Blackhawk down" dio sits ... or maybe not :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Colin, this is just superb...I know very little about Red Dwarf, but this Star bug is just an amazing result from everyday bits and pieces......and a big helping of scratch building know how.

Well done.....Big 5 for sure!

Ron

C

CDW

Thanks ron, I enjoyed this one a lot, the main "Jupiter mining craft ... red dwarf" is next. (Look it up on tintergoogle :smiling3: )

If you're not familiar with red dwarf as a series due to not watching TV then perhaps you could find one of the four books written from the series ..... you'll wear out your giggle button mate :smiling3: :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
smeg! thats brilliant!

whats next?...a scutter? :question:

*edit...wasnt quick enough posting lol....look forward to RD*

First Name
Andy

COLINSCRATCH BUILDING

GRAND MASTER

As you can guess Sir, I think this is simply stunning, there simply isn't enough room for the amount of stars this deserves, ***** x infinity...

Andy...

D

delmonteman

Just amazing. Will keep my eye out for "the dwarf".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Superb build, really enjoyed this. One thing...this is just about detail not a criticism...would it be better if you added some acetate to the window area that way you wouldn't get the styrene effect as much.

5 star all the way, awesome work.

Si:smiling3:

C

CDW

Thanks very much chaps, replies like that mean a lot.

And Si ... you'd be meaning that piece of silver laggers tape that id sprayed metalic charcoal thats still sitting on a shelf at the bench then. No idea how I forgot that

Thanks for pointing it out and jogging the old memory :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This build really makes me smile. Great stuff there Colin and looks like you had a blast making it. It may not be 100% accurate but who cares when you've got a model that looks as good as this.

Well done mate

Paul

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks very much chaps, replies like that mean a lot.And Si ... you'd be meaning that piece of silver laggers tape that id sprayed metalic charcoal thats still sitting on a shelf at the bench then. No idea how I forgot that

Thanks for pointing it out and jogging the old memory :smiling3:
That will be the blighter...simple mistake, I do it all the time, get carried away especially with the ending in sight and then I spot something I should have added D)

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Sorry but, but, but Mr Lister Sir, you can't go building things like this without the theme tune. So here you go.

[video=youtube;CVxFwH39FDs]

Awesome build there Colin, really big 5* from me mate.

Have fun,John

PS. Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I think Colin, you have what it takes to become a 'Dwarfer'

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Coiln matey , this is amazing , i just love it to bits! Superb scratchbuilding and use of everyday stuff , I bow down to your scratching skills!I wish i could give more than 5 stars but here they are anyway , cheers tony

C

CDW

Thanks for the comments guys.

John, I hear that tune every time someone rings me :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Next on the bench is a pile of hardboard and balsa that will hopefully turn into the Red Dwarf.

Will get a thread up when I've made a start.

N

noble

What a cracking piece of scratch building and I do like the subject matter, top notch as always Colin.

scott

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Colin first of all I'm sorry for the very late posting just caught up on this. I really liked Red Dwarf and this Starbug is fantastic great work mate 5 stars from me