Starfix bf 109 G

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This is the completed so called 1/48 scale but it's not lol bf 109 g

This is the first time I've done the mottling effect so forgive me if it's not right or good enough but for this aircraft it will suffice

Built completely OOB with no add ons

This is a comedy of a kit I've never seen such a bad look kit in my life but it was fun and it gave me a chance to try the mottling effect and we've got to start somewhere

View attachment 79850

View attachment 79851

View attachment 79852

View attachment 79853

View attachment 79854

View attachment 79855

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

First Name
Dave
This has been an incredible build.Incredible that you've had the resolve and determination to finish such a crap kit!.Its also been very entertaining Alan.I suggest you build something made by Tamiya next to give yourself a treat.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Dave :smiling3: , I might get an airfix or revell 1/72 109 and try that mottling on that before I have a go at an expensive kit

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Well, it is finished...is there any more to say? Nah! :D

Si:smiling3:

W

Willi262

Wow, you weren't kidding.

It's almost like my zvezda Ju-87. and Minicraft Ju-88.

Just quickly eyeballing it, I can see where the makers took their shortcuts. For 48 scale (my preferred for aircraft), they really cheaped out on the details.

They gave you the underwing cannon pods, so that's ok, the external fuel tank, of course, But looking at the underside, you can see the landing struts would not notch into their grooves if retracted. They didn't give you an aerial, the propeller spinner is too thick and the blades are attached wrong. The overall shape of the wings is not right either. The blister on the engine cowling doesn't look right, or the turbo-charger intake (or at least I think that's what that is). The struts are not canted at the correct angle, the spokes are missing (but you could claim wartime shortages and nobody could argue). And when you look at it straight on, you can see the flaws in the molding process. (again, like my Ju-88 and Ar-234).

I am surprised that you didn't make this one into a wreck, just to "have done".

I admire your patience to see it through though.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Tbh it it was more detailed I would have crashed it but it was the most simplest kit I have ever built but it might end up crashed anyway

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Well you saw that off Alan, perseverance has finished it at least. It really is a rivet rash beast!

P

Polux

It's......

well......

it seems mmmm.......

errr not, wait...... I cannot describe it :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Alan! I admire your patience ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys my youngest son liked it so I gave it to him he thinks it's good lol

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
It's......well......

it seems mmmm.......

errr not, wait...... I cannot describe it :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Alan! I admire your patience ;)
i total agree with polux

good job AIan, turned out ok but would never get off the ground with all there's rivets in it :confused: paint is good to for 1st try and thats not an easy one to master

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Moni I know but I'll get some smaller scale 109 and give them a bash :smiling3:

W

Willi262

\ said:
Tbh it it was more detailed I would have crashed it but it was the most simplest kit I have ever built but it might end up crashed anyway
I was thinking about one of those underwater wrecks. Covered in silt/sand and left in a lake for 70 years kinda thing.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I was thinking about one of those underwater wrecks. Covered in silt/sand and left in a lake for 70 years kinda thing.
Nice idea Steve it would defiantly improve the kit :smiling3: