stripping paint

N

noble

I was given an excellent tip about stripping paint by dipping it in dettol for a few hours. then you dip the stripped kit in just water and brush over with a tooth brush, then wash in soapy water.

Scott.

T

tecdes

Couple of articles I found on stripping acrylic paint.

The second one uses detol & the author has tested 7 explained how to go about it.

5 liquids that can remove dried acrylic paint from surfaces

MAXSTAR'S CLOUD - A World of Warhammer 40K: Tutorial: How To Remove Paint From Plastic Models

To save embarrassment I would test first on a trial bit of plastic with the glue used & with the same finishes. Also make sure any items not plastic fitted are not affected.

Laurie

S

stubrun

Just to add to this I have just stripped paint off my tamiya model with Fairy power spray, left for a few hours and removed with a toothbrush.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Just to add to the mix:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/painting/17423-how-strip-paint.html

Gern

B

backonthecase

Bleach and Tesco value multi purpose cleaner work well. Again overnight or for a few hours.

Stuart

S

Stevekir

I have just used IPA and a cotton bud and at times a paper towel. I could not soak the part in anything because it was one of the horizontal stabilisers on a Spitfire, painted with the usual 5 or 6 coats of paint and varnish. (I smudged some aluminium on it with dirty fingers!) It worked down to the plastic, but slowly, needing a lot of rubbing.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I suppose shotblasting is out of the question ?

Peter