Supacat Jackal airfix 1/48

L

Laurie

Part of my Afghanistan RAF group.

BUILD. Joy to build with very little in the way of problems. Those that were were enhanced by me. Very nicely detailed.

PE. Sure it is Eduard fronted by Airfix. 50% I used as being better than the plastic original. Best parts the mudguards and wheel mud flaps especially good. In the real these are rubber and the PE can be manipulated to represent the bends in the rubber.

PAINTS. What else the best waterbased acrylics. Vallejo, Mig, Lifecolor. Lights used to finish Mig 094 Crystal Glass which gives a nice finish to glaze the lights.

SPECIAL PARTS.
Thanks to Peter (lousy photos) Rhino Armour Models. Resin and well detailed. a lot of cleaning up required. But hell ! what ever they look good.

ADDED BITS. Tamiya bags etc. Spade on the back by Squadron Leader Laurie Stewart BD, LM. CKMC.

About it. Have a go at any detail I do not mind. Next in the Afganistan Trilogy plus Triology. An RAF Apache Helicopter. Cannot wait.

Laurie

View attachment 111190

View attachment 111191

View attachment 111192

View attachment 111193

View attachment 111194

View attachment 111195

View attachment 111196

View attachment 111197

View attachment 111198

View attachment 111199

View attachment 111200

View attachment 111201

View attachment 111202

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

D

dougie

very nice work so far, some scuff marks on the tyres would look cool, where the rubber is showing through the dirt... in fact, I could do the same on my last model myself.

nice one mate

P

Polux

Nice one Laurie!

The paintwork looks very well, and the dust effect is excellent!

A lovely model, that you can show beside the Landy ;)

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Gets a huge thumbs up from me Laurie

Lee :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Think you have done exceptional Laurie, really nice work. The adaptations and PE have added to this build and you have a cracking, quality model.

Si:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
You Nailed that Laurie........... A Cracking build. abosolutely spot on matey. The figure are superb and the detailing is right up there matey......... A Very Big 10/10 from me on that.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do real like this one Laurie, ;)

the dust effect looks excellent,and nice touch with all the added detail,very well done:D

J

jono

Another Fantastic Build from you Laurie with plenty of detail to look at..

Laurie, I may be about to get Shot Down over this.... But I think the Apache is operated by the Army,

& not the RAF?.

John.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
The only thing I would say is maybe just a little bit more of contrast on the tyre coming through would have been nice, but who am I to say?

Absolutely cracking work Laurie love it!

Bring on the Apache!

L

Laurie

Well done John. Just testing you there and you passed. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Yes just looked at the instructions . The one I am going to build belongs to the Air Assualt Brigade. Army air Corps Dishforth.

Thanks all for you interest. very nice to have you comments in deed.

Scuff marks Dougie i think it depends on where they are operating. I had about 50 photos of operations in Afghanistan and nothing stands a chance with the dust. It just gets every where and covers the whole vehicle. On the Merlin I was shattered at the state they get into. Photos I had of them taking off gives the impression of a sandstorm. The vehicles are just shrouded in dust as they go along. The yellow on the wheel hub of the Jackal is hardly distinguishable as yellow. Are you building a Jackal Dougie ?

Laurie

L

Laurie

\ said:
You Nailed that Laurie........... A Cracking build. abosolutely spot on matey. The figure are superb and the detailing is right up there matey......... A Very Big 10/10 from me on that.
Peter you have worked on the Jackal. What are the funny outrider things just in front of the front wheels ?o_O

Laurie

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Peter you have worked on the Jackal. What are the funny outrider things just in front of the front wheels ?o_O
Laurie
Are you referring to the step ( that always got bent when they bounced over a boulder) for the driver and front gunner to get in Laurie ???? The floor of the cab is a long way off the ground with full kit and body armour.

L

Laurie

\ said:
Are you referring to the step ( that always got bent when they bounced over a boulder) for the driver and front gunner to get in Laurie ???? The floor of the cab is a long way off the ground with full kit and body armour.
Yes what an idiot I see now. I was deep thinking some clever device for bomb discovery. Yes Peter I bet that takes some stick. Thanks

Laurie

First Name
Robert
Well that's a fantastic build there laurie really it is and you can see the passion you have added to it to.

I can only comment on your exellance to detail and the ref pics you have shown really show how accurate your kit is. I like the extra kit on the jackal too ( nice to see them fir west they are utility vehicles with teeth ( the gpmg???

Good job laurie

Regards

Robert

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Brilliant work Laurie. Nicely dusted and weathered. Look forward to seeing the Apache