Suzuki gsx1100s first ever build !

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
That's good by any standard, especially for a first build.
Pete

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That looks a great build. I'd have been chuffed to bits with that sort of finish on my 1st build.

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Smart looking build, and if there's one thing true in this hobby it's that you'll never stop learning.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Just caught up from the beginning. So many ideas and tips which you've taken on board.
You have every reason to be proud of this model. You've had fun, learned a lot to take forward to your next model and done a cracking job.
Well done.

First Name
Chris
Last part fitted this morning and pride of place in our caravan! The good lady has even given me some space for future models

Main issues I encountered, the various wires confused me so in future I’ll mask them up and mark them so I know where they go once assembled!

Other issue was attaching things after the painting stage, I had to go back and touch the paint up as the glue was eating away at it.

Really enjoyed it and itching to do the next one now.

Thanks all for the comments and advice it’s helped me no end!

0CBBD427-B373-4A3D-8A31-C2AEAD9AB2DF.jpeg
A323B6FC-F00E-4B64-A755-7C0029612FFB.jpegDC3C7942-C42E-4A94-BCA6-FB30D9511E82.jpegF1275430-4463-4648-81D8-4B4024789121.jpeg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Really nice job on that. Really nice :thumb2:
If that’s your first, it’s going to be great fun watching your modelling journey. You will get very good very quickly!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
well that came out nice

and more importantly you enjoyed it and want to do more!!

what glue are you using?....must be quite 'hot' if its taking the paint off...........to be honest i use CA almost exclusivly these days

First Name
Chris
well that came out nice

and more importantly you enjoyed it and want to do more!!

what glue are you using?....must be quite 'hot' if its taking the paint off...........to be honest i use CA almost exclusivly these days
I’m using the Tamiya extra thin but find once I’ve painted and come to glue together the bond isn’t as good which makes sense as I’m glueing onto paint.

Think I need to start masking when painting to make sure the various parts are bonding to the plastic I could always them touch up the paint afterwards I guess.

I’ve ordered 2 other bikes think I’ve got the bug!

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice job ! Strangely enough that was the same model that got me back into the hobby when I was given one a 'funny' Xmas gift a few years ago - I won't spoil your thread with my version ( no better than yours! ) but you can find it on here if you want ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’m using the Tamiya extra thin but find once I’ve painted and come to glue together the bond isn’t as good which makes sense as I’m glueing onto paint.

Think I need to start masking when painting to make sure the various parts are bonding to the plastic I could always them touch up the paint afterwards I guess.

I’ve ordered 2 other bikes think I’ve got the bug!
Two ways of dealing with this that I know of Chris. The first is scraping the paint off where the bond will be made. The second (which I use ‘cos I’m lazy) is to invest in some Revell Contacta glue. This is more “gel” like than Tamiya extra thin and stays where you put it. It will cut through paint quite nicely as long as the paint film isn’t too thick and create a decent bond between parts. You can use superglue, but then you are bonding paint film to paint film and the bond can be quite weak.