Swordfish finished

C

Caledonia

Hi Laurie, don't know where you get the 'amateurish' from its 5 Star all the way in my book, must get me one of those kits - excellent work and paint job. Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Yes laurie , nothing amateurish about this at all , the build ,paint and weathering are fantastic , top work! It looks superb ,especially tooled up to the hilt with the rockets, flares ,torpedo etc , what a truly iconic aircraft , and a lot more successful in its role than its given credit for . 5 stars from me too , cheers tony

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looks superb buddy it really looks the part dont knock your self..i wish i had kept this on my xmas list big five from me mucker

T

TonyBv9

Terrific build Laurie. It's so nice to see a model with aircrew in it. Brings it to life and gives it human scale.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I tried to post on this this morning, but my mobil phone was having a hissy fit.

A very good build. A great paint job and a good show of patience. Or is it stubbornness?! lol.

Having seen your build, I am afraid that my one will be moved down the to do list, and first come to the bench once the image of your one have faded from my memory!!!

FIVE big fat gold stars.

Ian M

A

AVB99

Laurie - didn't you say recently that you have only been modelling for less than a couple of years? Your Swordfish is outstanding. You have developed amazing skills. Very well done.

Aidan

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job Laurie. I really like the way you've finished the collector ring - it certainly looks the part.

Colin M..

1275GT

Long builds....must be a Swordfish thing, I feel your pain !! But if mine turns out half as good as yours, I'll be very happy, not to mention suprised. That's a lovely build, well played :smiling3:

Cheers, Neil

chameleon 2009

Mike Tipping Models
SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Cool Laurie very nice build your attention to detail is fantastic, 5 ***** from me

Mike

T

tecdes

Thanks Mike very nice of you. 3 weeks to moving house day. Not sure where to put all this stuff I have finished. Mounts up without you noticing. But Swordfish I will guard with great care. If only as it will remind me of all the frustration, impatience, patience, & naughty words which eminated from my garage when fixing the horrible life changing binge drink forming wings rigging stuff. If only I had had Prozac.

Laurie

T

Tonyz6

\ said:
View attachment 57427View attachment 57419View attachment 57422View attachment 57424View attachment 57425View attachment 57426View attachment 57428Looking at building this model and your advice is most helpful.but your views on your model should be a great job and well done for sticking at it when things got hard.the model looks great so well done.

Finished at last a marathon. There is a lot and more in this model.

Got to admit that towards the end lost a bit of enthusiasm. It will be a long time before & try another one this intricate. Famous last words ?

My first try at weathering or making it dirty. I made it dirty but the result is a bit amateurish although the photos exaggerate the effect unfortunately

To those who may try this model & Tamiya did a great job it really is a first class model. Everything fits !.

The rigging. Make sure the wings are really glued solid. Let myself down here. The struts will just ping. Also just glue in one end of the strut & leave the other end free in its slot. The wings have a certain spring & the strut will either ping or bend.

Fix the wings before strutting the rigging. I decided to finish each wing with the struts in place before glueing into the fuselage. Unhappily a mistake.

Laurie

L

Laurie

Thanks Tony very kind of you for your nice remarks.

Yes there is something special about this model. Not many as intricate and so interesting in its history and design.

Got to admit it takes pride of place on my shelves and it is picked out for studying first by all those who look look my collection.

Laurie

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautiful Swordfish Laurie. The detail, paintwork, rigging and figures are all superbly done.

Excellent work and a medal for sure!

Cheers

Paul

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
very nice

far braver than me, wouldnt know where to start with the rigging :eek: