Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari enzo

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Lots of goodies Paul, as said, will keep you busy for a while, nice start.

Si:smiling3:

R

roymattblack

I have this one stashed away for the future.

I'll be watching yours.

Roy.

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Didn't get much done today got distracted and cleaned my car instead!

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Engine has been started to be painted. Gven it a coat of alclad aluminiun and started to assemble. Had to put on hold for a few days waiting for some paint supplies. Will not be able to do too much more till i can get hold of Scale motorsports photoetched set for this kit but everywhere seems to be sold out at moment.

In mean time i started assembling Hobby designs photoetched brake set. This is a fantastic set each disc is made up of 25 different parts. So far i have assembled one disc taking about 2 hours. Just needs a final clean up to remove excess glue. Then will be painted to look like carbon ceramic discs. The only complaint bout Hobby designs photoetched stuff is the plastic film protecting it is very sticky so great care has to be taken removing it.

View attachment 82807

View attachment 82808

WP_000110.jpg

WP_000111.jpg

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
All four discs are assembled now just need to be cleaned up ready for painting. Got a box full of bits assembled ready for painting. Just waiting for paints now

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Finally managed to get hold of Scale Motorsports detail set so have assembled fuel rails and wiring.

Next job is cam covers and exhaust.

Gonna have to wait a bit as i need a new compressor for airbrush. Then will try out few different finishes for exhaust.

View attachment 83964

WP_000115.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Blue!? You might want to find an after market FIAT badge for it.

LOL-

Sure looks like a good kit and with all the after market bits should look great. (Just not blue :tongue-out: )

Ian M

D

dazza81010

Hi there great start so far keep up the excellent work those disc brakes are a pain to build.

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Been a while since I have worked on this due to lack of modelling funds after loosing job last year. Working again now so supplies are on way and will be doing some more work on this over the weekend. Photos to follow shortly

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Exhaust manifolds painted and drying. Hopefully will be assembled and the engine assembly will be complete

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
This looks like it'll be something to watch....... I'm in.

D

dougie

I will enjoy watching this, maybe one for the future but the cost is very high. Have bought a couple of the old Porsche kits second hand and they have been £150 which I can afford but almost grudge paying.

I like all the extra detailing parts, they should make this really special

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
To buy the kit from a shop in the UK is very expensive. I imported it from Japan for less than half what uk retailers were charging and used the money i saved to buy the detailing parts

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Rear sub-frame and wishbones have been primed. Hopefully will do top coat tomorrow night