Tamiya 1/20 Honda RA272

P

phikoleoputra

Hello,

Just finished this little gem, great kit overall. This is the Honda 1965 GP Mexico winner, the first Asian brand to ever win the GP. 

I added fuel line with fishing line for extra detail and used Mr. Color Super White for the color instead of the Tamiya spray TS-7 as the instruction mentioned. Then gloss coat it with Mr. Color Super Clear. I also bought the Tamiya Display Case to showcase this.

hope you like it and thanks for looking!!!!

cheers 

NB: admin could you put this to the "Pre 90 Race Car", I couldn't find the completed section. Thank you 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
P

phikoleoputra

Thanks for the kind words guys. Greatly appreciated  :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

What a wonderful job you have done with this Leo. :smiling3:

Such excellent building and painting has made this kit something to be proud of.

First Name
Marc
Perfect in every way. I think I'm going to have to do a clean build soon. Can't help but weather my models underneath though. o.O o.O o.O

How did you get the finish on the exhausts? That flat black looks real. Any technique you can share? 

P

phikoleoputra

Perfect in every way. I think I'm going to have to do a clean build soon. Can't help but weather my models underneath though. o.O o.O o.O

How did you get the finish on the exhausts? That flat black looks real. Any technique you can share? 

Thanks Marc, I used the Tamiya weathering master pastels (the one looks like a makeup thingy). I just detail it with various colours to match the reference pictures.

My first clean build too hahaha, feels strange though.

Cheers

Last edited: