Tamiya 1/20 Tyrrell P34 | Build

S

Sauber

I wanted to start this almost immediately after completing my last one, the Porsche 956 Tamiya Kenwood, but the arrival of a new cat meant the storage of my equipment until he settled in. That now done, I can finally get round to starting the model. Have already done some of the DFV engine detail shown here. I will try and keep posted with updates when possible.

So far I'm rather impressed with the ignition leads. The exhaust was typically problematic in that I had to employ my motto; 'If at first you don't succeed, sulk for half an hour and then try again'.

Still, looking good so far...

M

mobear

hahahahahah sulking is my way also,although you doing awesome job so far

mobear

P

Polux

Looking very good so far mate!

Keep the pics coming.

Have fun

Polux

S

Sauber

First update...

Thanks for the positive feedback so far, hence the update...

Rear suspension assembly and gearbox now married to the engine. Quite pleased so far, it seems to be going relatively smoothly and looking great, especially as I have done nothing to it that is not in the instructions...

M

mobear

very nicely done Benji,looks like a new engine off the production line

mobear

S

Sauber

Another update.

Recent progress has been somewhat slow, but that was down to mock exams, which did take priority in this case.

Engine is now attached to the rear bulkhead. Images show test fit with unpainted body shell to give an impression of overall look.

Will keep going. seems to look good so far, I think.

P

Polux

Not Benji, is not looking good..... Is looking great so far mate!!

Polux

Ps: good luck with the exams?!

S

Sauber

Right, Small update. Work was postponed a short while over christmas with the acquisition of (another) cat, again meaning my work table was packed and covered whilst he settled in. Only just received the correct TS-15 paint through the post as well, but now I can begin again...

I will post pictures at some point, when work has progressed further...

Benj

S

Sauber

A few photos of the current state...I apologise for the quality of them, I am not using my normal camera. It's going alright at the moment and I hope it will turn out ok...

Engine and rear

Including front bodywork

Including the small, slightly cross-eyed Patrick Depailler...

T

treyzx10r

Looking awesome Benji always did like the 6 wheeler. Great looking mill as well and Pat looks like he is concentrating real hard,not crosseyed! Looking forward to more pics,cheers Trey