Tamiya 1/35 german soldiers at briefing

First Name
colin
Hi all I can't fnd the thread i started on this build I'm guessing it was lost in the move so here is the completed build. I must say that I'm impressed with the quality of the sculpting of the faces I was going to replace them with resin parts but I like how they have turned out.

Attachments

• 20170628_113341.jpg
    20170628_113341.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 52
  • 20170628_113403.jpg
    20170628_113403.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
First Name
colin
They look very good, well done!!
Thanks polux

Excellent. Wish I could paint figures that well. :smiling3:
Bob I struggled for years with figures until I found a video on YouTube from international scale modelling on painting faces with Vallejo paints. It makes it so easy. And an Irish guy longlance 67 has a whole series on uniform painting, his methods seem to work well for me with a few tweaks to suit my ham fisted painting style
HTH

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work,on them ,Colin,real like the look of them,;)

First Name
Robert
I have this set somewhere ( not painted yet ) and when they eventually get painted they will be nothing in comparison to yours Colin, they really look very well done

Regards

Robert

J

Jens Andrée

VERY nice indeed!!!

It's still a mystery to me how you all can paint their faces and make them look alive like you do?
Mine look either like they've got a skin decease, or that they just came out of a coal mine... sigh.

One day - I hope - I shall get the hang of it. I hope. ;)

First Name
colin
VERY nice indeed!!!

It's still a mystery to me how you all can paint their faces and make them look alive like you do?
Mine look either like they've got a skin decease, or that they just came out of a coal mine... sigh.

One day - I hope - I shall get the hang of it. I hope. ;)

Hi Jens. Thanks for your positive comments, all I can say is practice makes perfect when it comes to faces this time last year my figure painting was poor at best they all looked like zombies.
The method I use now seems to work well for me .if you like I will put up a post on the method I use if its any help to you

J

Jack10

They look great really nice work! How long did they take? I'm very new to painting

First Name
colin
They look great really nice work! How long did they take? I'm very new to painting

Hi jack it normally takes a week or so for me to paint a figure as I only apply very thin coats of paint and allow it to dry for at least a day before applying the next coat.

J

Jack10

Hi jack it normally takes a week or so for me to paint a figure as I only apply very thin coats of paint and allow it to dry for at least a day before applying the next coat.
Nice I think I maybe rush mine a bit I'm always too keen to get them finished and see the end result! I need to be more patient and I will see better results