Tamiya 1/35 Tiger - single track links

R

Richy C

After my moan I`ve changed my mind on the single track links tbh , getting them off the sprues and cleaning up was a chore but fitting them was quite easy and relaxing , the only draw back is waiting for them to cure before I can start the other side,

A little dio is planned so started on a few figures , still got a lot to do with skin tones touching up picking out details etc etc although the photo shows the highlights big time I`m hoping when given a wash they will tone down a bit , still very much experimenting with figures

Richy

View attachment 22555View attachment 22556View attachment 22557View attachment 22554

View attachment 29361

View attachment 29362

View attachment 29363

View attachment 29364

IMG_4816.jpg

IMG_4805.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

IMG_4796.jpg

S

Sky Raider

Looking real good Rich,

I have a 1/16 scale get to do and its tank crew. Your crew looks good. Im waiting for a delivery this week of two books and a DVD on how to paint figures. I have never done this before but i think with the right info i might do a nice job.

Keep the pics coming mate.

Andy

N

noble

Richy your tiger is looking good mate coming along nicely, keep it up.

scott

B

Bunkerbarge

I'm glad you persevered with the tracks, they really do look the best and I bet you got a real buzz when you saw them in place.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looking good Richy, when i did my King Tiger i really enjoyed doing the single track links, infact loved it that much i had to have the crew repairing the tracks just to show them off. Is this the Tamiya Tiger mate? I've got three Tigers in my stash, 1 Academy, 2 Italeri but the look's like a very nice kit.

Have fun, John

F

Fenlander

Figures looking good. Really like the subtle camo on the tank though, very nicely done.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I've lost it Richy, just noticed the title mate sorry. It says Tamiya blonde moment.

Have fun, John

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Richy

Nice work with the tracks. Also noticed the Zimm, did you apply that with the tamiya tool or is it etch?

Looking good so far!

Cheers

Paul

R

Richy C

Cheers guys , trying to catch up , a lot going on at work and with moving home at the moment , managed to do a it at the weekend but its hard to keep track whats going on with the forum at the moment , small update tracks are on and looking good I would be more than happy to use single links again without a doubt , Graham - searched the web for tiger colours and found many camo configurations although 99% were black and white photos - may not be 100% accurate but it looks good to me mate as for the figures bit more to do on the skin tones but the uniform details have been done and in my eyes my best effort yet , Paul - zimm is etch although easy to do I`m not that happy with it it looks too neat if you know what I mean (next time I`m gonna do my own and that won`t be neat I promise you)

Hope to get some more photos up at the weekend

once again cheers Lads , John I`m sure its in the scalemodels contract that we have to have at least 3 blonde moments each a year mate

Richy

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Well Richy, it's looks like i'll be getting the Tamiya Tiger i me stash too. I think i'm on my limit of blonde moments matey, i'm just glad this year is nearly out lol.

Have fun, John

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Richy

I'd have to agree with you on the Zimmerit, I prefer the putty application method myself. It's funny, I've got a die Zimmerit applicator, the tool from Tamiya and I still prefer applying it with a small screwdriver!

I think where etch Zimm falls down is on rounded corners (the mantel of a panther for instance) when to me it just looks too angular. You should be ok with the Tiger though - not really any tight curves on this beast.

Cheers

P

N

Neill

Hi Richy

After your original post I just realised that I bought the Tamiya Tiger 1. I can't remembe if you said that you got the model which includes the 8 various crew members. I have decided to downgrade to 1/72 as I got stuck on a Tamiya "Stuka Zu Fuss" 1/35 half-track. Anyway the dreaded Tiger is in the stash for when I gain much needed experience in building up armour. Keep 'er lit as they say in Belfast!