Tamiya 1/350 KGV plus extras

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Your getting rather good at this bling lark matey.
Kind of you Scottie but a long way to go! However getting better, piece by piece!

Been watching a guy on YouTube, called modelshed.He's building the 1/200 Bismarck and the huge Pontos PE set. He kindly told me he use Vitalbond CA glue and long nozzles to pinpoint the glue. So ordered some to try.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Bob mate, there is no secret sauce……you are doing fine with what you are using at the moment. Stick with it (deliberate :tongue-out3:) and develop the depth of experience needed to generate the best technique you can for your current glue. Once you can get it to do what you expect it to do, every time, then think about how it could be improved and look for what you want. If you keep chopping and changing you won’t know if issues are down to you or down to the glue

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob mate, there is no secret sauce……you are doing fine with what you are using at the moment. Stick with it (deliberate :tongue-out3:) and develop the depth of experience needed to generate the best technique you can for your current glue. Once you can get it to do what you expect it to do, every time, then think about how it could be improved and look for what you want. If you keep chopping and changing you won’t know if issues are down to you or down to the glue
Thanks Tim, the locktite works very well but is of course a jel so thicker. The mig CA says slow grab but it grabs quick so giving almost no time to move the part. So for the moment back to PVA then adding a drop of ca.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Tim is right Bob listen to what he's sayin as he is spot on all the money you keep spending on different glues to get the same effect could go to another model so have some confidence in your self as you are a good moddeler so think what you are goin to do before you do it an plan ahead ok
chrisb

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
From the photos I'd have thought you were doing very well Bob, don't get despondent over a piece of PE .
Cheers John, making progress slowly buy importantly in the right direction
Tim is right Bob listen to what he's sayin as he is spot on all the money you keep spending on different glues to get the same effect could go to another model so have some confidence in your self as you are a good moddeler so think what you are goin to do before you do it an plan ahead ok
chrisb
Good point Chris nut like normal plastic glue everybody's git there favourite. I tried a lot and finally found AK, so for me will try vitalbond and nozzles, not a lot of loot. Whatever I will use up the others

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks all for the great advice and comments, so today, started on the 14" twin turret. First bash at fitting metal barrels. Plus PE hatches
20221201_163026.jpg20221201_163035.jpg
Needs tidying up, tried to show the barrels not being level, a bit of filler needed where the metal joins the plastic. Barrels temp in place with pva

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Tad more work today, worked on a main turret. Added metal barrels, PE etc
20221203_132736.jpg20221203_132720.jpg20221203_132709.jpg
Pictures clearly show tidying up to do, need to fit the barrels better and drill into my tiny brain that with CA less is more! Although by accident found that a glassfibre pen is very good at removing excess CA, my god a good idea lol. Bit surprised that there's such a big gap around the range finders, time for some filling. Things slowly improving at last.

BigGrandad

Comfortably Numb
First Name
Graham
Hi Bob
Notice you are using colour coats paints. I have just invested in some (my first go with enamels since the Stone Age as well!) could you please let me know how you get on with these, especially if you plan to use them in an airbrush.
Also, you have a Woodhunter deck, I have used one on my Dreadnought build, laid the forecastle deck first and it started to lift after a couple of days!!! ended up having to spot glue it down again with CA. Had to do this with All the decks. Have you used one before? And if so, how did it work out?