Tamiya 1/48 F14A Tomcat

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Yet another superb kit from Tamiya , a joy to build from start to finish.

IMG_6652.jpeg

IMG_6654.jpeg

IMG_6658.jpeg

IMG_6660.jpeg

IMG_6662.jpeg

IMG_6663.jpeg

IMG_6664.jpeg

IMG_6666.jpeg

IMG_6667.jpeg

IMG_6668.jpeg

IMG_6669.jpeg

That’s the last of my 1/48 builds and this string of builds have ended on a high note with the best four kits left to last. Now, back to 1/32 and WW2 subjects!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That is a wonderful result Barry. The detail is stunning. That cockpit is a model in itself. Even returning to 1/32 I doubt you'll better that.

Reactions: JR

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Really lovely Barry and quite a different scheme - more restrained than most of those we see.

Looks like you've given your thumb a bit of a battering!

Nick

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AW How come Barry you dint show the build /? as i will be building a 1/32 super tomcat soon if i dont co another ship
CHRISB

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
That is a wonderful result Barry. The detail is stunning. That cockpit is a model in itself. Even returning to 1/32 I doubt you'll better that.
The cockpit is the Quinta Studios set, by far the best detailing sets you can get, they put Eduard to shame.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
AW How come Barry you dint show the build /? as i will be building a 1/32 super tomcat soon if i dont co another ship
CHRISB
Hi Chris
I have taken a break from putting up builds, but I will be returning to doing so with my next build, the Zoukei Mura 1/32 Raiden.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very nice. I like the paint scheme. It looks a bit light on the weathering compared to many of your other builds I’ve enjoyed.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Very nice. I like the paint scheme. It looks a bit light on the weathering compared to many of your other builds I’ve enjoyed.
Deliberately so Rick, it is lightly weathered with moderate colour modulation. This aircraft was land based and not as intensely used as a carrier aircraft.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Another nice build from the Bench of Barry.

Have you taken you DIY Barry? That thumb in the underside photo looks like you got it in the way of a saw, or hammer. Or both. lol.

That cockpit is rather nice.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Another nice build from the Bench of Barry.

Have you taken you DIY Barry? That thumb in the underside photo looks like you got it in the way of a saw, or hammer. Or both. lol.

That cockpit is rather nice.
My thumb nail got covered in black primer, three hot baths and countless hand washes later and there are still traces of it. I really should put on some rubber disposable gloves when spraying!

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
My thumb nail got covered in black primer, three hot baths and countless hand washes later and there are still traces of it. I really should put on some rubber disposable gloves when spraying!
A good recommendation for MRP primer then!
Pete

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rounded up the Committee from the bar and they were unanimous
In awarding
2020DB.jpg
Congratulations.