Tamiya Brummbar, Eduard zim.

First Name
Aaron
This is my 1:35 spg

The dimensions of this are way off but it doesn't bother me one bit.

The hull is wider than the real panzer iv to accommodate Tamiyas "motor".

The main structure went together really well

I hope these pics work right i just pasted the img tag. Fingers crossed.

First Name
Aaron
Both pieces together.

Primer next..Automotive red oxide.

C

capt-pugwash

looking good so far mate did you do the zim or was is it on the kit.

jeff

First Name
Aaron
Cheers jeff ,

The zim is Eduard photoetch attached with ca glue.

I wish i had the skillset to do my own zim but hey thank god for aftermarket parts.

A

AJay

This is looking right-on, Aaron! I love the mangled areas - they look very effective. The Zim looks awesome too.

First Name
Aaron
Thanks Ajay. Heres some pics of it primed

P

Polux

Why you are not happy?

The paint Job on the tank looks fantastic.

A little nice dio!! Love the net!!

Polux

First Name
Aaron
Thanks Polux,

For some reason it all got a little too much..and i saw a better job in my head than i produced.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Still it looks a very nice build Aaron Like Polux said nice paint job and looks the bees knees with the added netting

P

Plastickitbasher

Aaron

I think you're being a little to self critical, maybe we all have that from time to time.

A simple yet stunning little dio, I'm with Polux and Papa great little build.

F

Fenlander

Yep, looks good to me as well. The paint job is nice and subtle, so easy to get these to bright in the colour department, this looks just right.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
well aaron i cant see whats not to be happy with you've done a cracking job i would like to see some more pics close ups but i would be more than happy with this build

F

Fenlander

I am sorry Aaron but that is not a fail as you put it. OK, out could be better but then again so could every model that you will ever see, none will be perfect. By all means spot mistakes or areas that could be better and incorporate that into the next model. All modellers are learning all the time and if any modeller makes the level of perfection then they will have nothing to strive for. Enjoy learn and develop as you go along but I still say, and mean it, that is a good model. Be proud of out and use what you have learned to make the next one even better.

First Name
Aaron
Whoa thanks a lot Graham.

I shall persist.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Aaron, just being trawling through the forums and came across this build. You are very hard on yourself, if my work was a patch on this I would be happy. I think you have pulled off a superb dio, okay bits may not be 100% but the overall scheme is at least 95% okay in anybodies book with last 5% slightly different. I think it is superb and I mean that. We all think that our work is crummy and it rarely comes out what we had envisaged in our heads, we criticise ourselves too harshly at times, I know I do.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Thanks but looking at this again is like remembering an ugly girl i woke up next too with a hangover. Its been taken apart maybe i can strip and salvage some aspects. No idea why i posted this build. Shaking my head.