Tamiya Kawasaki ZZR14. 1/12

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Watching all these very good bikes being built, I felt the itch to grab the ONE m/c I had in the stash. Bought jonkers ago in a flea market. Think I paid £5 for it.
Things I knew. Tamiya build well. Tamiya decals are :poop:
Things I learned. I dont do glossy - I kind of knew that.
The 'metal' decals are rather nice.
Oven cleaner removes chrome in 30mins.
Things I had forgot. There are soooooo many bits that have to be painted befor building.
I think I could build 90% of the motor befor paint. Everything else needed painting first!
Paints: All the bright work, discs, Exhausts etc. Alclad. The wheels a mix of Alclad Gold and Burnt Exhaust... Or was it Burnt Iron... One of those.
Frame model air black.
Bodywork Vallejo model colour. Gun metal blue mixed with a squirt of Dark Prussian Blue and a squirt of Gold. the Metallic black is Vallejo Model color with a few drips of silver and their metallic effects additive.
Anyhow. My Yearly Motor cycle is done and the result now parked on my good lady's book shelf. (Explains the choice of books. She's a Witch wellness coach and Stress therapist as well as an IT consulent!)
The joy of having a wife that loves bikes and loved the colour...(which is why I painted it that colour.)

20220920_120848.jpg

20220920_120853.jpg

20220920_120904.jpg

Hope you like it.
Comments welcome.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ian

That's turned out beautifully and a great colour too!!

Very well done.

Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks chaps! A long way from the bike builds you have done but I and most importantly Mrs.M is.
She so wants her next car that colour. (She'll have to buy that one herself though).