Tamiya M4A3E8 "Easy Eight"

T

Trekkie_John

Hi all, just finished Tamiya's Easy Eight. And what a kit it is, it's one of those kit you just shake the box and you have the finished model ready for paint. Infact, loved it that much i'd got another in the stash hehehe. The only improvement i made was to replace the grab handles as they're molded on and a few tarpaulins for the back. On the turret i added some casting numbers too, all sliced from the sprue and glued on with Tamiya's extra thin cement.

Would highly recommend this kit to anyone as it just an awesome kit. And no, i don't work for Tamiya but if they want to throw some my way (wink wink).

Anyways,
Have fun, John
DSCF7947.JPG DSCF7948.JPG DSCF7949.JPG DSCF7950.JPG DSCF7952.JPG DSCF7953.JPG DSCF7954.JPG DSCF7955.JPG DSCF7956.JPG DSCF7957.JPG DSCF7958.JPG DSCF7959.JPG

R

Rik101

Very nice build indeed. I know what you mean about Tamiya kits, the quality and detail is of a very high standard indeed.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great John,real like how your done the paint work on this one,the tones,show
up well,real good job with it,very well done,;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I like John, subtle weathering, nice clean build;)..........Jim:smiling3:

B

Builder

Awesome paint job John. Love the slightly faded paint look. Also very good job on the stowage and the tools.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Have to agree that is one great looking Sherman. Particularly like the way that the paintwork has been done.

T

Trekkie_John

Thanks everyone, very much appreciated. Didn't want to go overboard on the weathering as it was all about the airbrush work, and it looks like i've cracked it. Plus, i loved the painted over star on the turret the 4th Armored Division did so it wasn't something the Germans could aim at.

I do have another E8 but that one is going on a dio, thanks again.

Have fun, John

J

John Rixon

Beauty! I built one of these last year - can't even remember if I posted the finished model, but it really is an object lesson in kit manufacturing. There's quite a few of them now, recently tooled and a joy to build. Your OD is fantastic, spot on!