Tamiya Panzerkampfwagen lll Ausf. L

J

John Rixon

Right, having been back for a bit more weathering I'm calling this one finished!

Really enjoyed this one, perhaps the most of all my builds, or, more importantly, paint jobs!

Feel free to comment;).

Panzer1.jpg

Panzer3.jpg

Panzer4.jpg

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

Bit of a fish-mash of shots, and they look darker on here than in Photoshop, but don't really have time to correct for now!

Enjoy :smiling3:

D

dubster72

More words! Excellent, superb, tip-top!

Love the dried muddy dusty tracks & wheels John, the chipping & overall look of the little beast!

I'd finish mine if I could find the bits I'm missing!

Maybe some more pics later?

First Name
Dave
\ said:
More words! Excellent, superb, tip-top!
Love the dried muddy dusty tracks & wheels John, the chipping & overall look of the little beast!
Couldn't agree more:smiling3: :smiling3: :cool:

J

John Rixon

Wowsers! Thanks folks, agree I need more pics, very tempted to get one of those hot-tent things, as I always seem to pick rubbish days to shoot these things!

D

Deleted member 4539

Excellent work all round.

I really like the way the tracks and wheels are well weathered and muddy.

And the fact that the upper surfaces are only lightly weathered.

which looks more realistic to me.

C

CharleyGnarlyP290

All I have to say is the maintenance crew is lacking in proficiency.

Seriously, that is terrific looking. The mud/dust effect on the lower portion is very realistic looking. An overall great job. I must admit I am a bit of a coward when it comes to mud effects... as in I have never had the guts to try it. I always model subjects in a dusty, dry environment so I don't have to worry about it.

One of these days...

J

John Rixon

\ said:
All I have to say is the maintenance crew is lacking in proficiency.
Seriously, that is terrific looking. The mud/dust effect on the lower portion is very realistic looking. An overall great job. I must admit I am a bit of a coward when it comes to mud effects... as in I have never had the guts to try it. I always model subjects in a dusty, dry environment so I don't have to worry about it.

One of these days...
Oh you should try it! It's something you can practise with on bottles etc, but if you build it up in layers, slightly changing colours and brushing on some pigments occasionally, it soon looks realistic, and really adds to the model, IMHO.

C

CharleyGnarlyP290

Thanks John.

I have a old tool Tamiya Panzer IV I finished a few months ago that I am thinking of using as a test bed for mud. Once I get some other projects completed, I think I will.

P

Polux

Wow! Excellent build!!

Personally I love the general tone and the streaking grimes on the turret...is a very fine work ;)

C

Caledonia

I'm not into Armour, but I do recognise a great build and even greater paint/weathering finish...first class work. Derek

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb work,I love very,very well done with the color and grim,do real like the mud on the wheels with the oil stains,

just over all a great job ,very well done, ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Beautiful work John, colors and weathering are spot on and not overdone;)..................Jim:smiling3:

J

John Rixon

Wow, thanks for all the lovely comments folks! I'm now sniffing around a few early Tiger models to do in the same colour, I think I've narrowed it down to an early version, without Zimmerit, but with plenty of PE!!

I've been reading up on oil paint rendering, which seems a really logical approach for me, given my background, and am slowly learning to be much more patient!

First Name
Michaël
That's true,more patient will make you a master "pro" modeller.

The master modeller you allready have :smiling3: