Tamiya Royal Navy Sea Harrier FRS1 1:48

Swagman 070

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well it's been a while (I needed a break after the Tomcat project) Had 5 kits in my stash so have decided to go with this.

View attachment 45293

Have never made a Tamiya model before so thought I would see if they are worth the money. Mind this only cost £13 :terrific:.

Also first time I have made anything bigger than 1:72 scale so looking forward to no eye strain lol.

Will post pics on a regular basis. I hope you all enjoy.

Steve

View attachment 48391

001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looking forward to following this build. The Sea Harrier is an icon of the Cold War for sure.

T

tecdes

Hi Steve

Yes this has to be on my short list. A real icon of British imagination ingenuity & engineering. How can you pack so much into such a small frame. It is mini but packs such a huge punch. How good was it as an aircraft can be seen in the Falklands Conflict.

I visited the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Yeovilton, Somerset, a few years back. They have the your Harrier FR S1 suspended from the roof a great sight. They have also added since the later Sea Harrier FA2 on the floor.

An hour from your abode down the M5 & you would be there well worth a visit. Needs a whole day as it is a great museum. Naval aviation, airships, seaplanes, Sea Harriers, helicopters for virtual tours. They had sure it is still there a simulated flight deck on an aircraft carrier very good you get audio visual & the tremble as each aircraft takes off.

I have recently gone from 1/72, learning period, to 1/48 (still learning) & it is a very satisfying scale.

Laurie