Tamiya SdKfz 251/1 Ausf C 1/35

F

Fenlander

Well, here we are at the end of day two of this build. Really disappointed the the finish is so bad due to airbrush issues but I will crack on regardless on this one. The grey is on and it has had a filter over it. This was then gloss coated and decals added. Tomorrow it will be another good gloss or satin coat and then I will start the exterior weathering which I hope will rescue it a bit. There is a bit of modulation which the gloss coat hides in the pictures but as I was having to strip and clean the airbrush every ten minutes, my heart wasn't in it.

Still, it has been a long, long time since I have reached the decal stage on a model so that at least is good.

image_17.jpe

image_19.jpe

image_18.jpe

And finally, one on a MiniArt building I did some time ago. As usual, it is a tad over scale I think the door is about 8 feet high in scale! But, if I do the figures, this is where it may end up.

image_22.jpe

D

Deleted member 4539

Looking good Graham.

At least you got to the decal stage,so persevere and it will soon be finished:smiling3:.

And my advice about the airbrush.Get a new one and you will enjoy your modelling so much more;).

And the building is real well painted.

D

dubster72

Shame about your airbrush issues Graham - at least it didn't happen while doing the AFV Club one ;)

Still, the problems haven't stopped you doing a nice job there - the colour modulation comes through quite well.

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Shame about your airbrush issues Graham - at least it didn't happen while doing the AFV Club one ;)
Still, the problems haven't stopped you doing a nice job there - the colour modulation comes through quite well.
Cheers Patrick, both front wheels touch the floor too :D

N

noble

is looking good from where iam sitting Graham, chip the living daylights out of it and it will be spot on, nice building too.

scott

D

dubster72

\ said:
Cheers Patrick, both front wheels touch the floor too :D
I told you, the kits been improved since I built it... badly! I'm sure mine ended up as a banger wagon one Bonfire Night

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Graham,sorry to hear about the AB,sounds like me lol, ;)

if the kit was a Dragon one,with figuers,the figures do seam a little big as well so

should fit it with the building,

and what a great job of the building your done, ;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just seen this one Graham it's looking good to me,

I'm thinking of getting an half track for the GB later, which kit would you suggest for an aircraft builder ?

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Just seen this one Graham it's looking good to me,
I'm thinking of getting an half track for the GB later, which kit would you suggest for an aircraft builder ?
Err, an aircraft! Sorry, couldn't resist it :D . I don't know. The Tamiya Ausf D is much more detailed than this one which came out in 1975!!!!! So should be an easy build with plenty going for it. Still has rubber band tracks which are not that bad. The Dragon and AFV Club kits will top the Tamiya for parts and detail but can be tricky, and tedious, when they use five parts and Tamiya uses one.

Quite looking forward to the Tamiya Ausf 'D', looks a good kit. If you want more detail, less cost but iffy on accuracy, the Zvezda Ausf 'B' is a nice kit with some engine detail, more open hatches but does come with individual link tracks which I quite like but some find daunting.

So, for me, a good balanced kit would be the Tamiya Ausf 'D'. Nice detail, not over engineered and should build quite nicely. Few nice figures with it too. That is the bottom left in the picture.

image_1.jpe

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Graham, looks good alongside that building.