Tamiya sprays and airbrushing?

W

Wilko

When looking at the destructions for the Tamiya models, as most know, there are usually TS cans that need to be used.

Is there any way to find out the same colours for these cans in a usable form for an airbrush? I would like to mix my own colours but don't want to be miles off of the original proposed colour.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I never use Tammy paints but, instead research appropriate colours online and translate that to my preferred Vallejo paints via the FS nrs. Less mixing for one thing and Vallejo Model Air are formulated for the airbrush. What kit? Perhaps we can help with the right equivalent.

W

Wilko

Ok, thanks for the info.

Will have a go decanting it.

Cheers

First Name
Adrian
Just remember to leave the paint in an open jar for a few hours to let all the gases escape, if you have any empty paint pots you can use them to store your paint in for future use. There are a few other posts on here that show you the best way to do it :smiling3:

Adrian

W

Wilko

That's great, thanks.

Any chance you can link me to one of those posts please?

Cheers

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice one Adrian, have been reading this myself as I am new to AB as well-still trying to sort out my sausage fingers from mashing the trigger back and spraying all and sundry lol.

Si:smiling3:

R

Richy C

Hiroboy is the website you want , they make zero paints ( airbrush only ) and have most race/bike colours also road car colours , even if they have not got the colour you need they can mix it up for you , they also do most the Tamiya TS colours in the zero paint range ,

I only use zero paints for my race cars and they are fantastic , only draw back is they dry matt and will require a gloss clear coat , zero do a few clear coats and again they are great to use also .

Richy