Tamiya T55A 1/35

M

mobear

i would go with picking out the details in this tank because they look good enough to give dark to light painting

mobear

V

VermontGuy

Dear Mobear,

Your the pro! When you say light painting, I am assuming just small detail painting here and there? :smiling3:

Much Love,

Michael

M

mobear

more so darken the detail then highlight it with a lighter shade of the main color(<-spelt american way,and not colour<-english way,for our american buddies)lolthen it gives it 3d look

mobear

V

VermontGuy

I will have to try this technique out, Mobear...as always thanks for the tip! :smiling3:

Much love,

Michael

V

VermontGuy

Hey guys. A quick Armour update. This is sub 2 (Chassis attachments) I used a custom mix for the wood (Which I think came out GREAT, but tell me what you think) Also, I took mobear's advice and worn up the tank attachments a bit.

View attachment 46872View attachment 46873View attachment 46873View attachment 46874View attachment 46875View attachment 46876View attachment 46877View attachment 46878View attachment 46879View attachment 46880View attachment 46881

As you can see, even my wife got in on the action! :smiling3: (She's a car gal).

View attachment 46882

Let me know your professional opinions! :smiling3:

Much Love,

Mike

View attachment 49858

View attachment 49859

View attachment 49860

View attachment 49861

View attachment 49862

View attachment 49863

View attachment 49864

View attachment 49865

View attachment 49866

View attachment 49867

View attachment 49868

IMAG0298[1].jpg

IMAG0303[1].jpg

IMAG0305[1].jpg

IMAG0310[1].jpg

IMAG0312[1].jpg

IMAG0311[1].jpg

IMAG0316[1].jpg

IMAG0317[1].jpg

IMAG0319[1].jpg

IMAG0321[1].jpg

IMAG0309[1].jpg

C

CDW

Right i think i can see what you're going for here now ... weathering on an unpainted model? (although personally i think it would look better painted up and then weathered, cox it's a nice tank to go to town on).

From earlier pictures i was a little bemused as all it looked like was a bit of thinned brown paint on a mudguard and a few scratches on a box, i couldn't honestly see where the "wow" factor was in that, hence my comment above :smiling3:

The wood colour looks ok, what would make it "pop" is if you got some heavily thinned matt black paint and painted the wood. this would lay thicker in the grooves and just tint the raised surfaces, when dried it would give the look of the wood grain. (you could also use this effect on the barrels which would give a dirty/oily look to them if you used a heavily thinned gloss black.

M

mobear

hey Vman,now you are entering the part of the build,which i call `how can i make this look awesome?`its the bit where at first you say to yourself that i wont do anything drastic,but people on here give you advice,and your first thought goes out the window,and you paint the model to your best way to give it a look of realism.This is what i call the best part of model building lol.

mobear

V

VermontGuy

Hey guys,

Yea I am doing nothing seriously drastic as this is just a "Fun for Mike" build. I will continue to make worn sections of the tank, but a complete paint is way out of the question! :smiling3: Hey CDW, thanks for the great wood tip! :smiling3: Your the man!

Much love,

Mike

M

mobear

i just noticed a seam line on the barrel Vman just to let you know,but coming along rather nicely

mobear

V

VermontGuy

damnit, youtube has blocked my video. I will create another one soon.

Much Love,

Mike

Last edited: