TBM 3 Academy 1/48

A

ajcmac

I am a long time almost without finishing a model. I tried the tanks but did not like the results achieved.

So I decided to finish a model that is stopped nearly seven months.

A Academy TBM 3 Avenger.

Had already finished the interior, engine and propeller...

had glued the fuselage and wings.

About two weeks I start painting.

I painted the bottom white.

How ever did weathering white paintings I decided to move to the next color (Intermidiare Blue).

And then I painted the wings (Navy Blue) and applied lights and shadows.

Let's see if I can finish another model.

Regards

ajcmac

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It's looking very nice indeed Ajcmac lets hope you do finish it should be a stunner when completed

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Your TBM is looking good AJ, how did you do the shading on the wings? Doesn't look like you did pre-shading, so I'm curious as to how you obtained this great effect.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking amazing so far antonio , looking forward to seeing the next instalment

A

ajcmac

I really appreciate your kind words. Thanks :smiling3: .

\ said:
Your TBM is looking good AJ, how did you do the shading on the wings? Doesn't look like you did pre-shading, so I'm curious as to how you obtained this great effect.
Joe

I use post-shading. At base color with a few drops of white to the lights and a few drops of dark blue to the the shadows and both with about 80% thinner. Then apply the lighter in the center of the panels and the darker in lines of the panels.

Navy Blue.

Intermediare Blue.

And today I finished the top.

Now the white:mad:. Never did weathering on white. Let's see how it comes out.

Regards

ajcmac

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Thanks for the explanation AJ, the post shading is very effective. Looking good, fantastic work so far and looking forward to seeing it completed soon.

T

treyzx10r

Antonio thats some masterful a/b skills at work,and the office looks really sharp. What kind of wash did you use for the interior,really like the soft blends at the detail edges?

A

ajcmac

\ said:
Antonio thats some masterful a/b skills at work,and the office looks really sharp. What kind of wash did you use for the interior,really like the soft blends at the detail edges?
Use a product called "Bitumen of Judea» used in Fine Arts. The Windsor & Newton sells this product.

I applied light and shadow on white. The photos are not good but it was the best I could.

The canopy.

I applied Gloss Klear and put the decals.

Missing stencil.

Regards

ajcmac

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I have to say this is looking stunning AJ, I'm following your project with interest.

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for the tip Antonio. Looking great,those canopy mask jobs are nice and crisp!

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
This is looking very good Antonio - giving me a taste for my own 32 scale Trumpy Avenger.....

A

ajcmac

Thank you for your comments :smiling3: .

This is almost done. What is missing now is all painted. Some small details, and paste is ready.

What about the photos in white've tried everything and I can not. This time I tried with a blue background and it seems to have improved somewhat.

I applied a wash, simulated exhaust fumes and some oil leaks and then applied the matte varnish. When I started the assembly of this model follow other constructions found on the net. All were kept for the end placing the back tower. Large error. I almost gave up. Fortunately, after many attempts, some cuts that fortunately are not visible, I managed to put the tower back.

Regards

ajcmac

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Simply brilliant work António. Looks completely faultless.

Paul

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That's fantastic work Antonio, it's gonna look brilliant when it's finished.

Tony.