Tempest Mk.V Tribute build

First Name
Adrian
I've decided to build this one next as my mom gave me the money to buy this from the Cosford show earlier this year.

It looks like a really nice kit with resin cockpit, PE details and masks.

So heres the required box and sprue shots.

Adrian

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I so nearly bought this kit. Can't wait for it to be built

First Name
Dave
I bought this kit at last years show.So I will be watching your build.

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
I so nearly bought this kit. Can't wait for it to be built
Me as well, been trying to score one on evil bay but the price skyrockets quickly! Looking forward to seeing it build out!

First Name
Adrian
Just a couple of pics of the office, its going together very nicely, I've ordered a new camera to get better pics in future as well :smiling3:

Cheers

Adrian

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
looks good Ade. Great work so far.

Tony.

F

Fenlander

Cockpit is coming on very nicely. This is a mean looking powerful brute of an aircraft that does not get showcased enough. Keep up the great work.

First Name
Adrian
Well made a little progress, the really gutting thing is now I cant see any of the detail I put into the cockpit !

Few minor fills to do but hope to be ready to shoot the paint for tomorrow.

Adrian

First Name
Dave
Coming on nicely Adrian.Ive got the resin rear fuselage aftermarket set for mine.The 'experts' reckon the kits fuselage is too short.But ive measured the difference and reckon its only about 1/16 inch.So not really worth the surgery involved.But as ive bought it i will use it.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice to see this one built. I like the Tempest but do see what you mean about the cockpit. That's a bit of a small opening to see into.

First Name
Adrian
Well I'm ready to paint it, got the grey down and now trying to match Dark green in Tamiya paints as thats what I work in, the one I have is XF 61 but it see,s a little too dark when compared to the paint chart, the guide says H73 so anyone able to give me a Tamiya matching paint?

Adrian

First Name
Adrian
D-Day stripes in place, though I noticed I didnt spray the light grey on the under carriage flaps and the black bled a tiny bit, will touch them up soon as paint has gone off fully.

Adrian

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good adrian , as for the colours , arent the new tamiya colours (brought out to co-incide with the 1/32 spit) any good ? They are XF 81 dark green,XF 82 ocean grey, XF 83 medium sea grey , John does them in the Scale models shop, cheers tony

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
Looking good adrian , as for the colours , arent the new tamiya colours (brought out to co-incide with the 1/32 spit) any good ? They are XF 81 dark green,XF 82 ocean grey, XF 83 medium sea grey , John does them in the Scale models shop, cheers tony
Yeah I actually did some checking on my own, something I should do more of, lol and found them, which I actually have in my box :smiling3:

Adrian

First Name
Adrian
Well I did the camo using blue tak, normally I use free hand but for this build it needed sharper lines, so thanks all for the tips I saw else wehere for this.

I'll have to tone down the exhaust a little as it seems alittle bright :smiling3:

Comments and advice always welcomed.

Adrian